The Finish!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!I completed my Olympic Doily A Rose By Any Other Name today!!!!!!!


Its done in size 20 DMC Babylo thread,in two colours,burgandy and light green with a 1.5mm Jimra hook.I 've used green seed beads for the picots in the middle and gold seed beads for the last row.

The original pattern is done in a single colour.The pattern actually called for a pink size 20 thread which I had with me, I was tired of using pinks for all my projects,and decided to colour this one. I incorporated the beads to the doily as well to add interest.This is also the first time I made a rose doily.


Comments

  1. So lovely your Olympic doily is.
    I hope I can finish my hairpin lace shawl soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Lovely doily, Raquel! The beads add sparkle and beauty and the pattern is of fine detail. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy for you. Your doily is very pretty and very clever additions done ...the beads look so pretty ...makes it definately more interesting....detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Congratulations on your Olympic win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, I really like the addition of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love the two colors, it really accentuates the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is absolutly wonderful!!
    I am the opposite, I do yarn, and MAYBE thread! lol
    I startred two years ago too, I feel like I said that before..hmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doily turned out wonderfully!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks So much Ladies.Its heartwarming to see you all stopby and leave your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful!!! I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tina
    Thanks for stopping by and your kind words

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts