Looking Back

Two months have passed,since the New year started,and I got thinking about the resolutions I had made at the beginning of this year.No not resolutions about my life,but Crochet resolutions.Did I keep the ones for the year?

I want to make a snowflake every month one for each month .

I want to make an afghan or at least a small baby blanket from a graph .

some really pretty doilies.

I want to learn to make a sweater

crochet some things that I've never crocheted before,Like the ,tissue cover , grocery bag holder .

Never keep WIPs,always start a new project only after finishing what you are working on.

I was pleasently surprised that I did keep my resolutions after all!!!!!Crochet resolutions are easier to keep I guess.
I am so proud of myself that I have no WIP in my craft closet glaring at me.

I have made a couple of pretty doilies

have made ten snowflakes,(still unblocked),Joining Snowflakes Mondays has been a great inspiration .Ten flakes in two months is not bad at all huh?

I am almost done with the sweater I was making for my son,Since Spring is already here: there are pretty yellow and green carpets of dandilons everywhere here; he will use it only next year.Anyways,I still haven't assembled it and I hope it fits him by the time he is ready to use it . Children do grow up so fast,if it doesn't, I can always save it for my little one.

I started doing a tissue cover today. Its called pretty Tissue cover .A weekly project at this wonderful Yahoo group I belong to Snowflakes 88.Although this group is mainly about snowflakes, there are a variety of things to make every week . I am pretty nervous ,but then there has to someplace to start and so jumped right in.

Now that school year end is fast approaching I have to think about gifts I have to crochet for my son's school teacher and sunday school teacher.I am torn between doilies and bookmarks.

Comments

  1. Congratulations in keeping with your resolutions, Raquel! I'm sure you'll have a christmas tree full of beautiful snowflakes...I'll be looking forward to seeing your future projects =)
    (P.S. I also resolved to have only one project at a time, instead I have added some more this past month, so I counted at least 5 WIPs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. No WIPs!!!! Wow! You are a true inspiration...
    Please tell me how you manage to stick to your crochet resolutions ???? You are a good girl and deserve a treat! Well, I need to learn a thing or two from you.
    P.S. I'd love to see your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mimi I hope to have plenty of snowflakes on my tree too.

    Hey Yas ,you know I learnt it all from you!!!!-->

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] I still don’t have a significant FO to show here .(*Blush Blush*) I have managed to get about five WIPS in the past one or two weeks.How that happened,defeats me!!!! .But here I am slacking in my crocheting lately and throwing all my new year resolutions to the winds!!!! [...]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts