A coaster,a doily,a table runner,and a scarf

Mimi's Radiant Coaster .Think I need to block it better.This was a easy quick pattern that I made a bunch of and sent /gave along with the Christmas cards I sent.

This is called Cosmos.The pattern is from the Leisure Arts Little Book.Dainty Little Doilies.My First Patricia Kristofferson Doily. Now I'm officially in love with her 3D textured patterns.

Made with size 7 susan Bates Hook.For both the coaster and this doily ,I used the thread I got from Mimi Anchor Lifestyles Metallic Thread MX001.

I tried to block the doily using a hot iron over wet cloth and and almost completely burnt it.Lucky I redeemed whatever little damage I did.But I spoilt the popcorns in the patterns.I s there a trick to make those popcorns pop out really well.I can't figure out how to make them pop out well.

See the twinkle I was talking about all the time ?Its gives a stunning look when the snowflakes hang on tree with the fairy lights .......oops!!!! which reminds me I packed them all in the ornament box and put them high up on the shelf.Need to get them down.One of these days for sure I promise.





This project is my first filet,first tablerunner and first big project.Used up one whole 100 gm ball DMC Babylo thread in Rose and a size 1.25 mm Jimra Hook.

This is also a first of sorts,coz its my first time trying out Broomstick Lace.Kimberly created a wide interest around Blogland for this technique.I was so glad when she let me test the pattern for the scarf she designed as well....sounds so official to me :) This was a fun project quick and easy once you get the hang of the technique.Made this with the left over yarn from the Sweater I made.I used a J hook.

I know we are almost at the end of the first month in this New Year.However like they say better late than never. That pretty much sums up my projects for the year 2006.

Comments

  1. Love the doilies and the scarf, but I *really* love the runner. I love crochet tablecloths and runners, and you've done a lovely job with this pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects! I love the scarf! Would like to try it too sometime ;) You also did so well with the pink table runner, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sus
    Thanks for stopping by adn your compliments

    Thanks Mimi,you could come up with your own Broomstick lace scarf pattern and let me test it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell where the runner pattern can be found. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts