Ahmadi Festival

Good Things come Free? Oh Yes they do!!!!

Image Heavy!!!

Who would have thought so, when you saw those advertisments for the Ahmadi Festival on every single lampost? Well, since this was a first of sorts for us, we missed out a lot of good stuff but still what we did get to see- the place turned into the mini fairy land at night- the fire works,the mid- air bike stunts ,the dance performances were just mindblowing!











Little M thinks he is "speder man" and had to only play here or nowhere else.Would you be surprised if I told you that he has never seen a Spiderman cartoon or that we don't even have a T.V at home.I think A instilled it in his head and inturn,A must have got the craze from school. I have no idea where else it could have come from.(btw,I have nothing against Spiderman or T.V. )

Nowadays,M thinks if some part of his body is troubling him, he can change it and get a new one in its place.The other day, his ear was itching and he says "mumma give me a new ear,this one is itching"_ if only things were so easy darling!!

Meanwhile you will never guess what 'pets' A has these days_ Red Ants_ he has them all in a bottle and he imagines all sorts of stuff with them.They come out to greet him,eat the cake he gives very happily etc.I really think there is a bond somewhere between boys and bugs.They find each other.

Also ,A has his final assesments this week.A few more days and this academic year will be over,and hardly a month,M will start preschool. Time surely seems to be going in a fast forward!!!.... As usual,I'm digressing here.

So I took along my scarf to the Carnival, and completed a good length . This is a simple garter scarf, I am making for my three year old niece who thinks she's a little princess and loves to play dress up :)



While at the Yarn store,I met the lady who teaches knitting there.She agreed to teach me to make a baby sweater. We started on it,I learnt to read patterns, but I am now wondering if I bit off more than I could chew........ She's very professional and extremely Sweet and knows thoroughly what she is doing ......... but she's leaving here for good in a few weeks.With my luck,this was bound to happen sooner or later :-P Get this people, she has been here for a good thirteen years and I get to know about her only when she is leaving.So I don't know if I will be able finish this sweater I am working on,however I am sure these few weeks will be a good learning experience for me. I am enjoying it so much and I am grateful for what I've got!

I really can't wait to show the pictures of stuff I made for my swap partner and get your feedback on them.Meanwhile I weaved in all the ends of that Butterfly Shawl I completed a while back .So its Complete now and I can strike it off my things to do list. I will take a picture and show it here tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts