Egg Curry /Muttai Kuzhambu/Kulambu/poached egg curry

We love Eggs in all forms.....scrambled eggs,omelette,in curries.When I was a kid,there was hardly a dinner without egg at home.........my grandfather bred hens as a hobby so there never was a dearth!

Whenever I am stuck with the menu for the day,I would ask J and he would say make Muttai Kuzhambu.Its his absolute favourite.This is a my mom's recipe,which I altered a little as I like to blend everything in the mixie.Imo,it saves time and tears cutting the onions .

INGREDIENTS:

4 Eggs
1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 medium sized 0nion
2 cloves garlic (Chopped into thin pieces)
1 small Tomato
2 tbsp heaped coconut milk powder (Mix in a cup of water and Keep aside)
1/4 tsp Tumeric Powder
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
A tiny pellet tamarind ( soak in a little water and squeeze out juice)
Salt to taste,Oil
A small amount Coriander leaves



METHOD:
Dry Roast Coriander Seeds,cumin Seeds ,red chilies till slightly golden in a kadai.




Blend the dry ingredients with onion,tomato in a mixie to a fine paste adding a little water.



Pour Oil in the kadai,add the garlic pieces, fenugreek,curry leaves and mustard seeds along with the turmeric powder.
If you like you can add a little bit of chopped onion. Allow the onion to brown slightly.Wait for a few seconds,then add the ground paste.Pour in the tamarind water.After a minute add in the coconut milk.Add salt to taste.Allow to boil till the oil seperates.

Now lower the flame to simmer.Gently break the eggs into the curry.

Close with a lid and let it simmer till the eggs become firm.When done,sprinkle with coriander leaves .



Serve hot with Rice and a vegetable kootu.
We also think it tastes yummy with chappathi or Kubuz.Try it out and let me know what you think!!

Edited to add
I lost the step by step pictures so added them now.Still not great pictures :)

Comments

  1. Made this dish Purl, it was delcious girl. I will post the photo and link to you next week at FH. Thanks for posting this authentic mom's recipe!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. yw, Asha.I'm thrilled you tried it and liked it too.Thanks Asha for the feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dish. This dish new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Spicy Lovers.
    Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts