Year End Teacher's Gift

Today is the end of the year for A .One part of me is relieved and excited his final assessment is over, the other part of me is appalled at how quickly the year fled past us. Its not nice, right now, to think how soon my little boy will grow wings and fly away. All this from me, (bad mommy I know),who couldn't wait for him to start school ,grow up soon so I could start pursuing my own interests without having a toddler get into everything I do. Who knew time would change and I would want him to slow down growing up.Maybe I am just growing old or maybe I am just being sappy here. Whatever,I don't know what I am feeling and its quite normal in these parts ;)

A's teacher this year Mrs AM , is one of the Kindest ,most patient teachers I have met.I loved how she encouraged my son to excel at everything this year. Motivated him to improve his handwriting and calm down and participate in everything.I wish the next teacher would be just as good for A.

Not bragging here, but a lot of teachers who have met A ,say he is way ahead of his class.Still the system does not allow him to go up a class or be in a special programme.She brought out the best in him ,seeing how restless he gets when things are not challenging enough,for that I am eternally grateful and it was because of her we had a pretty good year, in-spite of the highs and lows.

Moreover at this stage, how well the kids do in class depends entirely on the teacher. So I am keeping my fingers crossed his next teacher turns out to be just as wonderful like this one. Ok I will stop rambling!

Anyways, I sent her a year end gift with a note from A attached to it that said : "Thank you for being a Wonderful Teacher .I will never forget you " A added the last line .

This doily


A closer view

Plus this Bookmark along with a pillar scented candle and card. Yup, I made that bookmark before I finished this doily.

Details about the doily:

Its called Waterlily ,pattern is from Magic Crochet Book August 1990#67

Made with size 30 DMC Perle' cotton thread in colour 793 and a 0.7mm Jimra hook, the couch ate up the hook half way while making this doily and I used a 0.6mm Jimra hook.

Didn't make much of a difference with the hook change.Just the right easy peasy pattern for something I needed to finish in a short time. It did get a bit monotonous with the same repeat pattern, that it became a struggle to try and finish it in time.

The book mark is called Elegant Pineapple Bookmark .

Made with DMC Babylo Size 10 thread and a 1.25 Jimra hook. Couldn't understand the last part of the pattern so I just looked at the pictures and guess worked the rest.I think it looks just the same and if that is any sign,I 'm improving in my crocheting abilities, right? :)

Meanwhile this Oval doily pattern caught my eye from the same book I mentioned above.Not yet sure if I should make it or not.

I am so fed up of making doilies!!!! Still can't HELP myself . Every-time I see a pretty doily,I start lusting after it and my hands reach out for the thinnest thread and smallest hook available . And before I get grip of what is happening ,I am already making it and hating the fact that I can't put it down until I finish it.Oh the torture of an addiction!!!

I did promise my mom one for her centre table. So I might make it after all in pale green size 20 thread and a 0.75 mm hook .See, I am scheming already!!!! GAWD!!Some One please stop me!!

Comments

  1. Beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely doily! I like the pattern, it's not too fussy but is simple and elegant. Those are my favorite. And I really like the bookmark, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teacher will really like those gifts...beautiful! also just saw your butterfly shawl...WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Lovely doily.Your work looks great.A very lucky teacher indeed.
    Sandhya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts