Muse Kindly Stopped for Me

It must have been all those drawstring bags I made in the past, this pattern just seemed to flow through my fingers!!! :) .I didn't need any pattern, and no hitches at all (gasp!!!)

Presenting my first ever Finished Object made without a pattern.

Ta... Da.... :D



Should be obvious by now, I LOVE shells and beads!!! I tried making two different patterns that I thought of, at the time.They, however, didn't meet my criteria for a bag,  like for instance,I don't like a open lacy work around the base of the bag.You know , how annoying it can be, when things stick out from the bag or when they fall out through that lacy work on the bag.

Here's a close up of the stitches and the beads. Just a simple pattern but I am extremely proud of this one,coz its my own ;)



Its not lined and does-not have a strong base lined with cardboard or anything.

You think my mom will like it? All done on my to do list for mom.YAY!!!

The Materials List for Future Reference

Thread :

Used a little less than two skeins of

  • Schachenmeyer Nomotto Catania

  • 100% Cotton

  • Colour: fabre 0108 pie 5855

Hook

  • size F /5 -3.75 mm Boye

Beads

Used 2 tubes of Close Beads (60 in each tube)

Colour :Art 30110.009 B-47346564

Pattern: My own. ah! the satisfaction of looking at those words!!!!

With my in-laws visiting us here and my India trip at hand; we've been going around shopping and sightseeing_ this terrible heat and even worse dust storm isn't helping any but we remain undeterred ;) _ I do-not have any other WIP except for that Ribbed scarf that I 've been working on and off ,since time immemorial........... sigh!!!

I do plan to come back with a vengeance,after my vacation .Lets see how things go then.

Comments

  1. I especially love the beads! I'm sure your mom will like it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore it! Your mother will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it everything about it!! Yay for your own pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really nice....you should submit that pattern to the Crochet Pattern A Day Calendar people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go , girl ! So proud of you. The bag is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure your mom will love it. Have a great vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey !!! Shock of shock ! My comment appeared!!! I'm doing the happy dance. Please contact me before u leave for your vacation- when r you leaving?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stop commenting ...I've wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed looking at your recent projects. Congratulations on finishing your To Do List for Mom !
    And the recipes are really good . I tried all of them and they were a hit ! And guess what , I come here when I need new ideas for cooking :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so pretty, Pearlin... good work on the shells and beads! I love drawstring bags, esp. if made in cotton. The catania is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mimi,I know,I love Catania too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Deneen, Kel
    Lucy I wish I could write a pattern.
    Thanks Yasmin, Yay!! for your comments to finally appear. I've had very minimal computer time lately.I'm leaving 22nd.
    Thanks again for trying out some of my recipes.I do hope I can post some in the future too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. [...] by the bag bug , I made some variations to the one I made before and [...]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts