Meat Cutlet

My kids love meat cutlets, so I make them in a batch and freeze them to use when they ask for it.Dh and I donot like to eat beef or veal .However I decided that I need to let my kids have a taste of it ,and decide whether they like it or not.

So I made Veal cutlets yesterday...... the boys devoured it and instead of the four  batches I had prepared to freeze, I could freeze only two batches. Infact,they refused to have anything else for  for dinner.As a result, I made a sandwich with the cutlets for them and made them have their dinner.

You will need:

750 gms minced meat

2 large potatoes

2 medium onions (chopped finely)

1 big chilli ( chopped)

1'' piece ginger (chopped finely)

3 eggs (beaten slightly)

 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs

a little corriander leaves (optional)

Oil to shallow fry, saute

Salt and Pepper to taste.

Preparation :

Brown the mince meat  with a pinch of turmeric, salt  and pepper to taste  until dry and without any water left in the pan.



Boil the potatoes and mash them.



Beat the eggs, mix in a pinch of salt and pepper.

Method:

Mix the minced meat and the boiled and mashed potatoes and keep aside.

Pour oil in a kadai, and  saute the finely chopped onion ,when they turn limp add the finely chopped ginger and chopped chilli.Saute for a couple more minutes.Switch off stove .



Allow to cool for a minute.

Mix them up with the mashed potato/meat mix.

Roll out into  small balls.



Flatten them,dip in the egg mix

.



Roll out in the bread crumbs.



Fry

 .

When they turn  golden brown,  drain and remove on to paper towels.

Serve hot.

.

Comments

Popular Posts