Venn Pongal

A simple but yummy breakfast

Ingredients:

I cup raw rice

1/4  cup broken moong dal ( pasi parupu)

1/2 tsp cumin seeds

1/2 tsp peppercorns

1" ginger piece ( chopped)

A hanful of cashewnuts

1tbsp ghee

Method:

Place the well washed rice and moong dhal in a pressure cooker or rice cooker .Add two and half cup of water, salt to taste.If keeping in the pressure cooker, keep for ten minutes after puttng on the weight.When done, keep aside.

Pour the ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts till golden.In the same ghee,add the cumin seeds , chopped ginger and  pepper corns.When the cumin seeds and pepper corns splutter,remove from flame.Pour over the cooked pongal.Add the cashew nuts.Mix well.Serve with sambhar and coconut chutney.

 

Another recipe for

   Hosted by Sharmi of Neivedyam

This is my final entry for JFI ,I promise :)

Comments

  1. lovely looking ven pongal. I used to like only certain preps of ven pongal. esp in tamilnadu hotels. Used to hate it in my hostel. miss all that. thanks for the nice one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts