Harvest Festival

He'd been preparing for days, practicing really hard.When his programme was announced, he walked up with his gang smartly , did the group song and then stepped forward to do his solo performance.........

The mom, charged the camera way in advance, went ahead of time,found the best seats with a fantastic view of the dias all set to capture the moment of pride and joy on video.......

Right at that point the camera goes beep beep..........shuts down, god knows what reason. Song Over, camera starts working again!

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN !!!! Coz I am a Goofy thats why. *bang bang*Now, don't you feel sorry for my boys for being stuck with a mom like me :(

My Poor little baby A ,ever the generous, magnanimous soul, made me feel all the more guilty _ of course with out knowing_by giving me a big hug and saying that it meant the world to him that I was there to watch him perform.

About the performance, he was nervous, but wonderful . I am not saying that because he is my son, even other people thought so and complimented about it. I hate to admit it,I did tear up hearing him sing like that... and got goose bumps too.

Dh couldn't come because of his work and it was pretty hard carrying back all the food I bought there, with a restless M and excited A, pulling me on both sides.Nevertheless, it was refreshing to see all the people, the traditional food and the gathering.

Turtles yea live ones at one of the stalls , goldfish and the bubble solutions.


The cutlets are always a huge hit as they are prepared at home and fried right there at the campus.Perfect on a grey winter day.Usually there is a long winding queue for it , I have no idea how many we gobbled up, we also brought back a lot with us home for dh. And it never seems like we brought enough.



No Harvest Festival worth its name is complete without Kappa and Fish Curry, Appam and chicken curry...



The Thattukada( road side eatery) brought in the native feel to the Harvest Festival.

Comments

Popular Posts