Shred Chicken



This is a family favorite , which I first tasted at my Uncle's place.I got the recipe from him long back.A vet by profession and lover of animals, his home was a little menegerie of animals and birds.He made the softest sponge cakes and yummiest shred Chicken(short for shredded chicken) . This dish never fails to remind me of his hospitality , entertaining the whole big family always with loads of love and a big smile .I miss A mama so much.

Ingredients:

1/2 Kg Chicken

For Marinade:

1/2 cup curd

1 tsp chilli powder

1 tsp ginger Garlic Paste

Salt to taste



For frying :

1 tsp chili powder

1tsp turmeric powder

a few curry leaves

2 big Onion- chopped finely

2 big tomatoes -chopped finely

4 cloves garlic - chopped finely

2 green chillies -chopped finely

A small bunch corriander leaves -chopped coarsely.

Method:

Mix all the ingredients given for Marinade and marinate the chicken overnight.Next morning , take out and grill in the oven at 250 degrees celsius till done.




Cool and shred the meat into thin strips .



In a Wok , pour oil, add onion and saute till golden,then add garlic pieces, the green chillies and finally the tomatoes.



Saute well till the tomatoes turn pulpy



Add in the shredded chicken.



Mix well till the masala gets well coated on the chicken.



Sprinkle Coriander leaves.Let the flavour of the coriander blend in.

Remove and serve as a side dish for rice.



Usually it doesn't make it to the dinning table coz as soon as it is done, everyone starts nibbling from the sides of the dish and before you know it gets over. :) SO...... in a way its an appetizer too.

Cook Book Scribbles:

Also is a great filler for sandwiches.

Great way to use up leftover chicken too.

Another Entry forThe Chicken Event hosted by Vandana Rajesh of COOKING UP SOMETHING NICE

Comments

  1. Beautiful dish P, reminds me pf Pulled chicken we make for sandwiches!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum !! Gotta try this one out tomorrow. I have chicken and was wondering what I should try ! thanks for the recipe.
    BTW, the Urara bag is looking good. It looks strong enough to take good wear and tear! I love that yarn , it's great to work with and so smooth too. Sorry , I tried to comment on that post but somehow it doesn't go through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Asha, is the recipe the same too?
    Yasmin did you try it ?
    Thanks abt the Urara bag :) I don't know why but sometimes, the comments go into spam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the recipe and it was really good. A big hit at home, thanks again for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts