Garlic Bread

Garlic bread is a favorite in our home.Its so quick and easy to make .Tastes great and is extremely filling too! I offered a piece to one of my friends when she happened dropped by ,she loved it and wanted the recipe. I made it always eyeballing the ingredients.So I measured everything the next time I made it.Thought I could also keep a record of it on the blog.Do let me know if you try and like it.

This is how I make it.

Ingredients
:
1 medium sized French Baguette
2 _3 Large Cloves Garlic ( I like to smash them up really well in the pestle and mortar and squeeze out the juice)
1 stick butter(approx 1/2 a cup)
Salt to taste
1tbsp Kraft Parmesan Romano Cheese
1tsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
IMG_4173
Mix all of them together in a bowl.
Spread on the baguette
IMG_4175
Sprinkle grated Mozzarella cheese on top
IMG_4188
Pop it into the oven,wait till the cheese melts at 220 degrees .
IMG_4166
Serve Hot with a salad and soup for a complete meal.
Cook Book Scribbles:
Instead of cutting the baguette lengthwise, it can be cut into smaller pieces as well. Apply the garlic butter on both sides , sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top and pop into the oven.


IMG_1757

I made a slight variation to the recipe....Mix butter, fresh garlic paste, dried oregano, Parmesan  ,Olives, and mozzarella in a bowl.Spread it on halved hot dog rolls (I used wheat rolls) .Pop it into the oven and wait till the cheese melts.

I made  this little snack for my sons to take to school. Very simple and extremely quick to make. Its a favourite with the boys and even M’s friend D  loves it , it seems. M was proudly telling me that D said :”Maan your mom makes the best stuff!” Cool  huh :)



Comments

Popular Posts