Scarf Frenzy

The weather is soooooo good these days and all I can think of is making scarves. This year, I've decided to give handmade gifts to all my neices for Christmas. I hope they like it.  I 'm having so much fun, picking out patterns and making them. I'm using all the yarns from stash.

I made four of these scarves for my neices who live in  countries where they have a real winter with snow !



Project Details:

Yarn:Caron One pound Skein  160z 100% Acrylic WW, No dye lot Lilac577

Hook: K hook

Pattern : Shelly Scarf

Tidbits :


  • Made three scarves with the one pound skein, I still have a medium sized ball left.


  • The Burgandy scarf in the background is also made of the same pattern but with a yarn that is quite rough . I assume it is Red Heart Super Saver .  Not sure tho' as it didnot have a wrapper when it came in the ROAK


  • Left out the fringes as I was lazy about cutting up yarn in the same length 


  • Really quick and fun project , however after making four of these , I will not be making this  pattern for  a while  now :)


  • I may work on the matching hat with the left over yarn.But then ,I need to figure out whom to give it to! I am no way making four hats from the same pattern as well!The monotony of repeating the same pattern is just too much for me to bear.

psssssst , more of the scarf frenzy to follow so don't tell me , I didn't warn you all  ;)

Comments

  1. When you said handmade gifts, I immediately got sidetracked and listed all the possible projects I could still do for my family members...lol, I always get caught up on the last minute :p
    Hats and scarves would surely be appreciated for the cold weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost missed seeing the Burgandy scarf! they look great, looking forward to seeing the matching hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...lilac scarf looks pretty. I just missed the burgundy one...great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf Pearly....

    sorry if am asking too much..but, do you mind doing me a quilt , if i give you the fabric??

    i have got few stacks of curtain / fabric samplers that are displayed in fabric shops..mostly the rich arabic types u see in kuwaiti homes...

    just have been keeping it for long...never know when things come up for use...thats when i thought why not a quilt from these??

    u can quote for it, for sure....

    thanks,
    sona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the burgundy scarf and your neices are going to love their scarves!! Can't wait to see the rest of the scarf collection as you work on them. I agree, scarf weather is almost here even in the Sandlands, yayyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scarf...I've been in the mood for those too!! Must be the temps falling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you ladies, I really hope my neices like it.
    Sona, you are over rating my quilting skills!!!Lets try and work something after I learn to stitch in a straight line :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts