Trishna's Savoury Pancakes

As soon as Trishna posted her Savory pancakes recipe, it reminded me of the sweet pancakes my grand mom used to make with sweet coconut filling, which we call Surulappam,which was more like a Crepe’.The savory twist to it was too much to resist for me and I had to try it.
With my children now at home for the vacation, I love trying out new recipes and surprising them.It gives me endless satisfaction to see them relish the food .
I followed  most part of the recipe but added a couple ingredients to it , to suit our taste buds.
Savory Pancakes
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2eggs
1 medium sized potato-peeled and grated
1 medium sized carrot -peeled and grated
1/2 green capsicum-diced fine
1 small onion-  chopped fine
1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped fine
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cumin seeds
A pinch of sugar
salt and pepper to taste.
1 _11/2 cup Buttermilk to mix
oil for greasing.
Method:
Beat eggs, season with pepper and salt.Keep aside.
Take the flour in a mixing bowl.Add all the other ingredients.Mix well,adding the buttermilk.See that there are no lumps.Add in the beaten eggs and blend well.
IMG_8215
Heat and grease a non-stick pan and spread the batter on it.
IMG_8219
Cover and  allow to cook on medium flame.turn after a minute or two.
IMG_8217
Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
IMG_8255
As you can see, I served with Ketchup( Maggi Chilli sauce).
Is  it a  Keeper?  Yes yes Most definitely!It was huge hit! The boys LOVED it!Dh was all praises and kept telling me that I should make it often.
Thanks Trishna for sharing such a wonderful recipe

Comments

  1. Will definitely try it out Pearlin !:).. Even the pics are tempting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls let know how you like if Mini.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts