Baking Brownies

At one of the workshops, our lovely host had  baked some delicious brownies for us to enjoy. That was the first time I tasted brownies although I ‘d read about them several times.One thing I always remembered about them was how brownies first came into existence_ someone had forgotten to add baking powder to her chocolate cake it seems.
I wanted to make some at home so  it was  a Betty Crocker Brownie mix  to the rescue . I wasn’t happy  because it wasn’t from scratch.
Just as I had given up my search for a easy peasy brownie recipe to make from scratch , I happened to find this recipe.
IMG_8706 IMG_8709 IMG_8714  IMG_8730 IMG_8733 IMG_8734

Here’s the recipe from Ria’s Blog that I followed without any changes.
KATHARINE HEPBURN BROWNIES
Ingredients:
Unsalted butter- 1 stick
Unsweetened Chocolate-2 oz ( I used 70% dark chocolate)
Sugar-1 cup
Eggs-2
Vanilla- 1/2 tsp
Flour-1/4 cup
Salt-1/4 tsp
Walnuts, chopped- 1 cup ,optional ( I skipped them as one of them are allergic to nuts)
Method:
  • Pre-heat the oven to 325F .Prepare your baking pan.
  • Melt the chocolate and butter together.
  • Stir in the sugar until combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
  • Stir in vanilla and beat the mixture well.
  • Fold in flour,salt & walnuts if using.
  • Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 mins.
  • Cool and cut into squares.
Plus I followed all her instructions
From my experience, to make good brownies, use your hand to mix the batter. Do not whip it up and trap air, it will be cake-y.The most important step is never to over bake the brownies. When you do the skewer test, it should come out with some of the batter/crumbs still clinging on to it.Then, let it cool completely!”
OMG! they were just super! As soon as I said it was ready to be eaten, the baking pan was wiped clean in a matter of seconds.  Imagine Piranhas and food in Tom and Jerry cartoon mode here please. thank you. And you will get how fast it all vanished :)
I have now made it several times….like …..every week  since I found this recipe.Thank you Ria for sharing this wonderful Recipe
Need I say this is a Keeper? :D

Comments

  1. Brownies are my second favorite dessert right after lemon meringue pie!!! I love your heart-shaped baking pan and your sweet brownie helpers:)

    My go to recipe for excellent brownies is this one...
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/frye28099s-fudgy-brownies/

    I've even made it without the nuts and added dried fruit instead, mmm...delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brownies
    this is my favorite recipe http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=29519
    but the secret is to take them out before they are overdone

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never made brownies! thanks for sharing, must give them a try.
    your helper looks like he's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts