This is Christmas Season…..

We are planning to go to India to celebrate Christmas at home. Since we are going away I wasn’t  planning to put up the tree and the decorations. Saturday while I was preparing the special lunch,(this time, fried rice ,matar paneer, cutlets and gajar ka halwa) the boys decided to surprise me by putting up the tree and decorating the hall.
I was not supposed to know all this was happening .I  happily pretended to be  shocked and surprised that they did all that for me while I was in the kitchen! I think they did a wonderful job. : D
 IMG_0803
to see my crocheted tree skirt,  my quilt on the coffee table
IMG_0801
and my favourite snowmen on the dining table thus displayed ,make me smile every time I look at them.Every year we have this little tradition to add a new Christmas decoration.This year its this little Christmas Train set .IMG_0860     
Later that evening was the Sunday School Christmas function
IMG_0760 
There was singing ,dancing
IMG_0778 IMG_0789
and the nativity scene.And of course Presents!
Then the carolers came
IMG_0876
finally after a looong wait at 1.30 a.m! We had a  little party for them after they  finished singing the carols.
IMG_0885 It was fun :)
IMG_0854
All my Christmas  projects are in various stages of getting finished.The shopping, packing  mad rush that usually precedes our trip has taken over. I ‘ve decided not to worry about  finishing them this year.
The only project that  got done is this  mini Christmas Elf quilt.
IMG_0820 GOODONE
This Stitchery can be found here.I learnt to do French knots for the first time with this project.Hand appliquéd the ornament the elf is holding with a small piece of fabric from the side border .
IMG_0818 NO4
Don’t you just love the gold and vibrant red together?! I love it !
I am pretty pleased with how it turned out although there is plenty of room for improvement.
Linking up to Weekend Wrap up Party at Colors Dekor, Southern Hospitality,Christmas  Blog Carnival at Key Bunch and Its Festival Time at Liven Things Up

Comments

  1. First time at your blog Pearlin, and I am so thrilled you linked in to our Xmas carnival!

    I was in Kuwait too, a while back, and I think its fun that you will be back home for Xmas this year!

    :)Love your knotty stuff!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pearlin... wow!! the tree looks gorgeous.. The boys did a good job.. That is so sweet of them to surprise you...

    So all this knotty stuff... you make yourself?? do you sell them as well??

    Thanks for joining the weekend party... You rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job Pearlin, i love the christmas elf quilt...is it a wall hanging ...the other quilt on the coffee table looks beautiful...and the crochet tree skirt...beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow men really do luk soo sweet... And i luv the littl' train set....
    That ws sweet of the boys to decorate the Xmas tree for u...
    Thanks for linking to the blog party.... Hope to see you linking again soon... please do ask your friends also to participate in the party...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts