Two more days

for school year to close for the boys.They have done them well so far.Both are driving me nuts with their trademark take on Exams _ A taking  them   as usual,in his stride and remaining cool as a cucumber while M making a Big Fuss over revising again and again over one lesson( that is all he has for exam ) that he must have revised at least a dozen times in class_all because his teacher told his class to revise again and again!

Thank you all for your getwell wishes. They all sure worked!I am feeling alright now.

It rained a lot for the past few days here. I managed to finish the Cowl I started .IMG_2150G

Its basically the Dolores Park Cowl pattern, but  I decided to use the seed stitch border that I saw somewhere and forgot the name.

The yarn is the lovely squishy supa soft, Malabrigo  Worsted in Pale Khaki 602, also from Shanna.Thanks so much Shanna. Love love it.

The only little issue, I had while working  this yarn was_ remember I told you I burnt my fingers while making M’s pajamas , well they are alright now  ( thank God, no scars whatsoever, maybe because, its the palms and they are as good as new now.  )_but I had skin peeling off my fingers and they kept snagging the yarn.   I love love it this cowl.

I got a little surprise package through a friend from my mom and look what she sent me.

IMG_2145

her hand stitched hankies for me. I never use them  but I love collecting them :)IMG_2128 IMG_2129 IMG_2141 IMG_2139

These are super special coz she has taken up embroidery after ages now. I am so proud of her for making that effort.

Things like these do cheer up the heart, which gets sooo saddened watching the scenes of devastation that stare at us from Japan. Sending out prayers to the people there.

Comments

  1. cowl looks good!!but I love those gifts more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are on the mend. That cowl is absolutley lovely, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely knitted cowl, the yarn looks so nice ;)
    Those hankies are pretty, she got talent and lots of patience!
    School here is also about to end, Pearlin, and I do understand how it is such a relief...stay healthy and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..the hankies looks very pretty...i love every bit of it...just see that lovely button hole scallop edging...she must have taken really good time to finish it...

    hai your knitting looks cool...no much knowledge to comment on it...

    i started to knit...but not yet come up with anything presentable...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hankies are beautiful..... The embroidery is superb!! Now I can see.. where your talent comes from. The cowl also is cool..
    By the way Pearlin thank u for ur lovely comments on my wall hanging. I am giving the site here....
    http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/ProjectCenter/Project_Detail/Keep_the_Heart_Truth_Growing_Wallhanging

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello pearlin, thank you so much for your lovely comments in my blog..by the way,the cowl looks cool!!:) i luv those hankies and the embroidery on them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for your kinds words.
    Nima,Keep at it, you will surely get there I know :)
    Preeta thanks so much for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the exam-preparation bit of your story. So cute. :-) And the handkerchieves are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts