Bake me a cake

I went to a  two day basic baking and icing  workshop.
DSCN0562
DSCN0589
Five cakes in all
and then we iced them and decorated them too DSCN0586
For someone like me who has no basic experience at all, this workshop was very very useful.Our Instructor’s a lovely lady very willing to share her knowledge.
yup,  lot of batter licking happened  :)
DSCN0566
Each one of us got to participate in the baking .We didnot have to take any of the ingredients.On the end of the first day, we got to take home two of the cakes we baked _ Both the chocolate cake and the banana cake were Yummy. The boys loved them
On day two was  the icing
DSCN0597
Learning to spread the icing took a while for me to get right.
we first practiced on paper , then on plain boards and then on the cakes itself .
We mixed colours with icing
DSCN0542
then learnt the different techniques to ice.
DSCN0611
We were six and were divided into a group of three each.This is our final masterpiece.
DSCN0642
This was what the other group did.
DSCN0648 
I had to leave a little early as I had to go for the Palm Sunday service too. So I was there only till this part :)
It was so much fun. I can’t wait to get started. I am only waiting for my weighing scale to arrive :))

Comments

  1. Happy Easter to you too Ninu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pearlin, You have a lovely blog. Me too wanna learn some crochet & knitting from you. Hope your weighing scale has arrived by now and you have baked some cakes. Happy knitting & baking. Cheers. Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Sari sure will teach you although I am not as good a teacher as you :)).Lets plan something :) Yes my weighing scales have arrived and I've done quite a bit of baking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts