Midsummer Madness

Things got a little crazy here lately and hence the absence from the blog.
A has been having issues at school with teachers. There are teachers who make or break a person.Even though I have had my good share of dealing with bad teachers when in school, its really really hard to watch your child go through the same. Specially when he is on the threshold of adolescence and feeling extra vulnerable. Its really hard not to worry and act normal.
I finished this bag watching the Royal wedding , even took pictures of how I joined the squares and all ,to share on the blog.Then things went downhill and I was in no mood to post anything.
Today I decided not to be a slave of my mood  and just show up on the blog with my finished bag.  
DSCN0002
A member at SAARC group called it Midsummer Madness and I decided to keep that name coz I liked it a lot! :)
DSCN0005
The light shows the handles a violet, its actually eggplant like in the picture above.
I  had to work on the handles several times till I was satisfied with it. I still haven't lined it but I plan to do it with a thicker cotton material so that it will be sturdy.
I received a couple of notifications in my inbox  of people who unsubscribed from my blog.When I see that happen I always wonder what made them lose interest in the blog.  At the same time, I saw a couple of new followers on the dashboard.Welcome, I hope you will stay a while. :))
To those who have stuck with me all these years, Thank you so much.

Comments

  1. Aaww! I am sorry that your son is having trouble with teachers. I am starting the schooling madness this academic year with Alvin. I am feeling apprehensive too.. And, your blog is a lovely place..very realistic and down-to-earth. I get happy every time I see a new post from you,curious to hear what you have to say. :-) and, the bag is lovely. I am close to finishing mine for the Bag-along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I was waiting to see how you finish this bag!gorgeous it is! and the name suits very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely bag. Hope and wish best for the Kiddo and you too. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at your bag! I love it to bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Love all the colours together. Finished lining it?? Or don't plan to??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is super cute - love all those flowers! Hope the school stuff improves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun bag! So colourful and cheery! I feel I know what you mean about being a slave to your moods--been there-- and I feel for you, watching your son go through that. *Zen hugs*
    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, gorgeous bag! It has a great color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag is just beautiful! You're going to get lot's of compliments from admirers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh this is wonderful!
    Hugs from Istanbul xoxo
    Seren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bag Pearlin! You're so good at playing with colors :)
    I hope you've settled the issue at school...I've had some rough times during my son's high school years, but it was mostly because of my poor communication skills :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely!!Very nice colours.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag is darling! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely bag! so colourful! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very cute bag!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this bag..just found you through the crochet way, I believe I will become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this bag! I hope your issues at school soon get better...growing up is so hard. I think sometimes people forget they were at that age once themselves..:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your bag, I'm pinning it to Pinterest!
    I remember those tough teachers myself, and seeing my children have tough teachers is even harder. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks everyone :)
    @ Sue McGettingan special thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous bag - love all the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so pretty- if I can ever manage to get my to-do projects list down, I'd like to add this. lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts