Back to Quilting

Summer Vacation has started for my boys.I’m so happy as the temperatures has gotten past 50 degrees C here.This year we’ve planned to stay here in Kuwait for the summer.Yikes! what were we thinking!
DSCN0983
I recently chanced upon the Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Magazine at one of the stores here. The timing was just right! I was feeling extremely inspired after the Quilt exhibition to get better at quilting. I was raring to go again to the sewing machine.  I picked up this magazine, lured by this runner  on the cover _ Seemed just the one I was looking for_easy and quick but with a little bit of a challenge for a beginner like me  Most of all it was pinwheels, I still haven’t gotten over that obsession!
I was super excited, I had  all the fabric ( that Shanna gave me)similar to the one shown in the picture. It seemed like all the stars aligned!I’ve got one  block done so far. Two more to go.
Joining in with other Creative Spaces here , here and here

Comments

  1. Well done you for starting quilting! I'm a beginner myself too really. I've subscribed so I'll be able to keep up with your adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!It looks super cool. I want to learn quilting. Would I need to go to some class or learning from online tuts would be enough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your fabric choices and the pinwheel looks perfect! I am itching to quilt too..but,unable to find a few hours for myself to commune with the machine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks lovely pearlin...you are inspiring me to brus up my quilting skills...i really missed visiting your blog while i was travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the runner in picture and ur first block looks good! all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first block looks fantastic - I aspire to do some quilting sometime soon, but the pinwheel looks hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your encouraging words
    @ Saritha I took a class, but I think online tutes are just as good.There is a quilt along http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-first-quilt-ever.html
    seems easy enough to me.
    @ Nima, are you back from your vacation? Nice to see you drop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! your points look perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts