Beginnings

A rush of new beginnings is happening here. It always gives a new excitement, rt? Much anticipation of a new FO and lot of dreaming in between :)
There is a little baby hat on my knitting needles right now.
I’d wanted to learn knitting  a round hat .I had some of the yarn left over from the baby blanket. Its Fingering 4ply.When I went looking for Circular needles suitable for that yarn, I was much disappointed that they did not have a 40 cm -3.5 mm circulars .So I thought I will get a bigger yarn and different size needles .No luck there either. I never noticed it until now, there’s no worsted weight yarn available here! There’s DK yarn, Fingering yarn and Bulky/Chunky yarn.But No Worsted Weight yarn.
All I could manage to get was a 40cm-2.5 mm needles .But no DPNs to match it.I decided to get them anyways.
I’ve cast on for this ribbed hat pattern.I’ve Cast on 108_ more stitches than the pattern called for.DSCN1540
I’ve never knitted with needles this tiny and it  feels like I’m knitting with a couple of skewers :)Which gives me an idea ;)
Now I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the store will stock up 2.5 mm DPNs too by the time I will need them for this hat.
There’s also another project that I’ve started : a patch work bag. I know ,I know, there are a couple of other patchwork projects I haven’t completed, but things are a little hectic right now_ trying to settle in to the summer classes and all that I’ve not been able to sit on my sewing machine.This one though I’m making it entirely by hand. DSCN1571
This is only a test run, so I ‘m using some very cheap cotton.
Finally,there’s something new on my Crochet hook as well. I just started the Angel Crochet Scarf , simply because I wanted something simple, quick and pretty to crochet . I did not realise that it was written in British terms until I worked up  about two rows . Somehow the stitches seemed too big for my taste and then I checked notes on Ravelry which said it was written in British Terms. Ah! that made sense.Now I’ve ripped it and started again.DSCN1570
I’m using a Denim yarn that I used for this bag
I got completely confused by the dtr / tr thing that I had to check a couple of videos to get my stitches right again! :))
M had been bugging me to let him use my Acrylic paints .They have been just sitting there for more than a year.Secretly I was delighted but did not let it show.He got up bright and early, rushed through the morning chores and rushed me through mine .Finally we sat down .
DSCN1525 
He loved it !. Then it got too much and we ‘ve wrapped it up. It was so much fun while it lasted!
http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/2011/06/work-in-progress-wednesday-45.html

Comments

  1. Nice new projects Pearlin! That's a fine knit hat indeed...
    Congrats, your son really takes up after your talent in painting and creating art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see M enjoying painting.. can't wait to see your patchwork bag take shape..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new projects Pearlin. Good to see M enjoying painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pearlin you are doing a lot of projects!!! Here A was also bugging me to give him my fabric paint after seeing me painting on a sheet… and he did a small Jerry pic on his night dress.. and asked me to give him more to paint when he gets his summer holidays ….

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those are some interesting projects you have going there. ANd those stitch markers are so cute. And It is so cute that M is interested in painting like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a bunch of great new projects going! Nice variety! And how cool is your son's work?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its so annoying the differences in American and English crochet terminology - I think its about time we all used the same!

    I love the painting your little one is doing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to look up the differences. That's crazy! No wonder your stitches are so huge. I had no idea that they had a stitch shift like that. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your scarf, it looks lovely now though, I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great! It's so nice that your son is interested in painting. He's doing a wonderful job too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are making some beautiful items... I did the crochet thing british/american confusion last week too, so easy to do! Glad you noticed before you got too far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wows all round today! I LOVE the scarf and have promptly added it to my queue - I saw their stall (with pattern samples and yarn) at Unravel and that was another reason I wanted to learn to crochet (the first being Attic 24) - I really like this one too http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/queenies-lula-crochet-scarf

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much prettiness in the works! I really like the texture of that Angel Scarf, I may have to make one myself. And I love your son's painting. It's wonderful that he's so eager to be creative. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is so beautiful and how awesome your son loved painting. His work is beautiful in the picture! How odd your stores don't carry worsted. In a way, I'd think that's what they would carry before anything else. As for the hat, you can use two circulars if you have them instead of dpns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice new projects pearlin.. gud to see M enjoying painting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that baby yarn is dreamy! And I don't care if that fabric IS cheap... it looks gorgeous! Happy angel scarf crocheting! :)
    S&R xxx

    P.S. How adorable is your son?!! I love that he wanted to paint - and FLOWERS! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute to see how much attention he is paying to that work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the fabric you're using on that bag. Your little one is quite talented with his painting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the denim yarn, waiting to see the FO

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love tiny needles! They're so much fun to use. Also amazing blue and stitch pattern on the scarf. And M is a very good painter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely projects as always Pearlin!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow you are so talented - my mom is trying to re-knit again and this is so timely for you to come by and comment, bec i will def gonna refer her to your blog.

    yay to another fellow indian! :) Thanks for coming by and commenting!

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts