Saroyan WIP

I am so happy to go back to knitting Saroyan now .Its easy and relaxing.Crochet was relaxation tool once, now it s Knitting . Crochet seems to get me into a frenzy these days, to finish up things fast .
I cannot knit fast and have to read every line in the pattern to figure out what I am doing. I need to be completely awake and not feel sleepy, so as to concentrate or else I know for sure, I’ll mess up whatever  I am  knitting .  I inevitably  slow down with no other choice and put it away when I get sleepy….so I am not over doing it, like I tend to do with crochet.
A simple stitch and a beautiful result, I cannot tell you how much I ‘m enjoying this knit . The increase part is over. I have now finished four repeats of the straight part.This is the last skein I have and I’m keeping my fingers crossed, it will be just enough to complete the scarf the way I want . DSCN2561
The squares I showed last week have all been frogged. They were for a cushion I was planning.But now I have dropped that and have decided to stick to just this one …..with a sick child at home , it has really helped me calm down.
tami_wip

Comments

  1. lovely color for the Saroyan.. hope your son feels better soon. work has been hectic for me that I hardly have any energy to indulge myself these days.. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn you are using and I love the pattern for the Saroyan! Yours will be beautiful when its finished! Hope you have enough yarn, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely. I am a big fan of lightly embellished straight knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Saroyan is beautiful! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also crochet into 0'dark thirty! Knitting is more pleasure and relaxation for me too and I'm not fast heck not even accurate a lot of the time! lol. Your piece looks beautiful Can't wait to see it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go with what works! It's looking lovely already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that colour.. and i remember saritha made this, i think its the same pattern

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do another Saroyan and keep it this time. But I want to do lacier weight and make it a wrap more than scarf. Can't wait to see yours done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking so pretty. Sorry to hear you have a poorly kid at home - hope it's nothing too bad and that full health returns quickly

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you Saroyan!!!

    My latest project encouraged me to take a dive into this one. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saroyan is looking great! I love the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scarf is coming along nicely. I got a message from Barakat that they have new knitting yarns and Catania in stock but haven't gone by there yet. I really should use what I have but always nice to add to my stash. I would like to think about more holiday bags and projects .... Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Our internet has not been working the past couple of days. Aggravating! Time to hit the hay. Hope your son is better. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can imagine what you mean, crochet tends to go very quick.....whereas I took my time with knitting :) but I do enjoy crocheting...

    Your saroyan is looking beautiful so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops can't agree more on knit vs crochet. And I have picked up my hibernating saroyan too. After my array of crocheted bag gifts. And it has proved so relaxing to me as well. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have picked a beautiful yellow!! looks stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love knitting but I finder the speed that crochet things get finished appeals to my need to finish things!! Mind you ... I'm procrastinating over a very boring crochet blanket for my sister-in-law right now ... that really isn't that speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That colour is divine and the pattern looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone for your kind words

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts