Tiny flowers

October has started out to be a very busy month for us . First it is assessment time for the kids.Hindi  and Arabic are giving us collective nightmares. Exam times also bring out a lot of discussion time with it. We had one very important discussion this week   …..
M says he is done with studies and would like to teach now.After all he has now completed Kinder and first standard.He can teach the classes he has already passed rt?  So why can’t he teach classes he has passed out from.?Then he can choose who the class monitor can be, and also decide not to teach Hindi and Arabic to his students…….hmmm do y’all have any idea, how hard it is to keep a straight face through all these questions and discussions?
And then we have ones with   A , who wants to know why he needs to study and get a decent job, when he can rap and be  a  singer like Eminem.All my life I’ve hated his angst ridden songs filled with f words and  here we are with an ardent  fan in our house…. sometimes I  catch myself  singing without even realising it  … “sorry mamma”……sigh
All I managed to do were these  cute little flowers . DSCN2613
The pattern came from here. I really like it that you do not have to sew these flowers  in the rubber band or hot glue them but crochet it  as we go along . The threads are all Size 8 threads that I got from Mimi a long time ago, when I had a proper address to receive things. I love working with these threads and my 1.75mm Tulip hook.
Then there is the Church Harvest Festival coming up.I’ll be making mutton cutlets to sell at my stall. I may keep these little beauties and some fan and cross bookmarks for sale too for the Church benefit . I am nervous about the reaction  these hand made things  will receive , so I ‘m not sure if I want to go through with the idea. I’ll let y’all   know  if I do sell them. 
I had to rip out a lot of my Saroyan because I ran out of yarn , but I’ve made progress with it and I can’t wait to finish it and start other exciting projects I have planned to start.


Comments

  1. They're so cute and lovely. I'm also a fan of crocheting over to joint things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonitas flores!! y los jerseys y vestiditos de bebés maravillosos te felicito pearlin!! muchas gracias por tu comentario y por visitarme, tienes un bonito blog.
    un abrazo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look cute!!And I totally agree with M. It is so unfair right!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was cute to read about M and A. your flower hair bands are sure cute...i'm sure it's going to sell off like hot breads...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked these, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pearlin, did you go to the meeting on Wednesday? I thought about doing so but had such an awful headache that day and just wanted to go to bed early. I've not been very creative this week at all and feeling a bit blah. Both my kids think school is a waste of time. Is it the age? Is it boys? Everything is so different from when I was growing up. School gets more and more competitive and kids are pushed harder all the time -- there's got to be some balance. My oldest son actually went to an Indian school for his first 6 weeks of grade 1. He took Hindi and I sent him to a tutor -- he actually did pretty good in the class, but I spent hours studying with him every day. It was a little much for a 6 year old to be writing in cursive for hours on end. Your flowers are so sweet. I hope you do well at the festival. You never know how folks in this country are gonna take to handmade items. Hopefully tomorrow I will muster up some creative energy. Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very smart kids you have, Pearlin!
    Those flowers are cute...no wonder the colors look so familiar :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!! Of course,M can be a teacher and A can be a rapper.. ;-) even I'm not a big fan of Eminem.. the only song of his that stuck to me was the 'real slim shady' song..

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute of M. Even my kid feels that going to school is not necessary for him because he wants to become a truck driver when he grows up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment on my blog. These flowers are lovely. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful...lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts