Status Updates

Thank you so much for all your wishes.I’m doing good now.Its  Eid Break and we are off to picnics almost every  day .(more on that later)I’ve been grabbing little moments here and there working on my WIPs little by little and what do you know? I’m glad to report that I’ve progressed quite well.
This table cloth is a thread eater !!.I’ve already finished up one big box of it  (six 50 gm balls  in one box)DSCN3669
I was sure I was not going to find the same thread again , since I’d started this project a long time back.At that time, I thought I had enough but sadly I ran out of yarn with many more rows to go still.After going back and forth about the colour of thread to use for the rest of the project, I decided to try my luck in trying to get the same colour.
At the yarn store, they had the same colour in size twenty but not size ten. So I decided to go for a shade that was  lighter in colour by only a hair! I’ve got another box now  and this time I hope I ‘ll not run out of thread  Smile
I got these balls of threads first because I had a project in mind DSCN3671
Then I roamed around to the yarn side of the store and saw these gorgeous King Cole Riot yarns  .A trip to the yarn store in never complete without some impulse buys. So they all made their way out with me .There were so many gorgeous yarns in lovely colours that I greedily wanted to take them all with me ! DSCN3672 Then I saw a lone pair of addi needles and grabbed them without a moments thought.This is the first time  I’ve seen it here.DSCN3670 I hope they will bring in more sizes.
Now I can’t wait to start something with these yarns and my new needles….. have been scouring Ravelry for suitable patterns from last night! Any suggestions for patterns to go for.I’m thinking of Diagonal Lace Stole and Voyager Lace Stole but I’m not sure how they will look in Variegated yarn.I’ve been thinking of Summer flies too.  Decisions !!decisions!!
At this rate I donot think I will ever start any of the Christmas projects I planned….  haha!
tami_wip

Comments

  1. That King cole riot looks very similar to Noro sock yarn.. love the colors in it. and, good lucn on your table cloth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the king cole! the colour on the left is devine!

    I wouldn't have the patience for a whole tablecloth :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many new things in your stash! enjoy enjoy! And tht table cloth tempts me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have been able to resist that King Cole Riot yarn either. I don't think I've seen it here in Canada. Lovely colours!

    You won't regret the Addis - I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous, I'm not allowed to buy any more yarn or even visit my LYS until I work down my stash - however that may change shortly!!! Love the King Cole Riot yarn lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The king cole yarn is gorgeous, that's just up my street. I'd make a shawl or poncho from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow got some great yarn for your stash there. And that table cloth is impressive. I don't think I'd ever have the talent or patience to complete something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you picked up some great yarn and needles! I'm glad to hear you could find the thread in a similar color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you do with that new yarn...love the colors! And the tablecloth is lovely! Glad you found the color you need to finish it up (I hate when that happens)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful finds Pearlin, it wouldn't be right to get back home without them :)
    Looking forward to see your red tablecloth finished...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving to see you back in all crafty goodness. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...lovely table topper. enjoy your new stash...i'm sad that we don't have such a nice yarn store in Muscat...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did the exact same thing recently: I went into a store planning to buy one thing and walked out with something completely different! I love the impulse buy yarn you bought - the colors are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts