Margo Bag

I took advantage of the fact that my mom was here ,to sign up for a full day Margo Bag Workshop. I had wanted to take this one for such a long time! It is a one day workshop and I hate leaving the kids alone at home after they are back from school. So  I kept putting it off. Just before the workshop, M got sick because of the crazy low temperatures we were having here, I lost my voice and A was also catching a throat infection. In other circumstances, I wouldn’t have gone but since mom was there  covering it all, I still got to go!

It was a really wonderful workshop. I learnt to make zippers in a new easy way.It was such a joy meeting all ladies who came there .There were two versions of the pattern and I chose to make the smaller version. We got to choose between making either the smaller version or the larger version.

Between the four of us at the workshop another lady and  I chose the smaller version ,  the other two  ladies choose the larger version .Each one turned out so different from the other.That was the fun part of the workshop. We ran a little late and so I could not get the picture of the other bags. Here is the one I made at the workshop

.margo 001

Close up

margo 002

The zipper

margo 003

Inside pockets

margo 005

the back

margo 008

the front pockets closer look

margo 011

I am still waiting for the pattern to arrive, so that I can start making the pattern all by myself.

Speaking of my mom, she has been busy too , making this little Elephant hankie for M. She saw the pattern online and drew by hand ! No tracing of patterns for this lady!. Is n’t Ellei cute?!

ELEI 002

a close up

ELEI 003

 FOfriday

Comments

  1. Love the Margo bag! the recessed zipper looks very neatly done. I still havent tried this method of zipper application.. Great job,Pearlin. Hope the boys are recovering now. Your Mom's work is lovely too. :-) Pls tell her I said so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Mom's a star for pitching in when the kids are under the weather, but it sounds like a much needed break for you. Great work on the bag, And yes, ellie is DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you finally got to go to the workshop. Your bag's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...glad that you could attend the workshop and you enjoyed it...Mom's are always life savers...and cutie ellie too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to treat yourself to the workshop (although I'm sorry about all the sickness going on in your house at the same time, I hope everyone's better soon!), and your bag is amazing. It looks beautifully sewn and the fabrics are great.

    I love your mom's embroidery, too, so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bag and totally squeeeeed when I saw the elephant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bag! It's fabulous. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you were able to go to the workshop after all. The bag is adorable. It's neat that you and your mom are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking bag and with all those pockets it's looks super useful as well! Glad you got to go to the workshop - kudos to good moms :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome bag, great looking fabric u have chosen! Ellie is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your kind words. Means a lot to me. I showed all your sweet comments on Ellie to Mom too.She was beyond thrilled .Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts