Sezession I

I got four skeins of this gorgeous shade of Riot Chunky and was planning to originally make the Survival stole with it.I wanted to get a couple more just in case I run out  while working on it. Turns out everyone was smitten by this one shade of  colour and by the time I went in to get more , every single skein except one was sold out .Even that one skein was already kept aside for some one else.The SA and I had an interesting conversation over the phone.She thought I was the one who had asked her to  save that one skein of yarn and told me to hurry or she’d have to  give to the next person who wanted it. I was quite confused by what she told me, but I went anyway.She took one look at me and realized she had asked the wrong person to come.Long story short, I got the other shade I am now using for the Survival Stole  and came back.
I was just itching to work with this yarn .Since I did not have any granny style shawl, I decided to work on one with this yarn. 
shawl 011shawl 012
Project Details
Pattern :Sezession I
Hook:6.5 mm (K)
Yarn: 4 skeins King Cole Riot Chunky 658 Dye lot 67212
Tid Bits :
Took me all of two days to get it done.
This patterns reminds me so much of the Groovy Crochet Shawl I made for my sister in law a long time back. Back then ,I made it with Jo-Ann Sensations Angel Hair
I added a shell border for the last row.
My parents are coming over for a visit.Dh and I had to run to the Friday Market to get a few things , so I wore this shawl for the first time.It felt so soft and kept me warm in the cold , rainy weather and cheered me up on this  rather grey, gloomy day .
FOfriday

Comments

  1. Your shawl is gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is really cute! I started a similar one for my daughter (but it popped over her head) but I wasn't happy with how the variegated yarn ended up working in the grannies. I really like your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful :) Love the way the yarn has worked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really pretty color :) Your shawl turned out very nice in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, only two days? you totally motored on that thing! and it came out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..beautiful shawl....very pretty colour too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is beautiful - I loved reading through your blog.
    Today I spent some time trying to learn how to crochet
    a ripple pattern. Its very slow for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so pretty, really nice colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color changes of the yarn worked out perfectly in the pattern. Look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the shawl. I can't belive how quickly crochet is compared to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what!? Have been thinking of making the same exact shawl (ok, different pattern)! Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely.. the yarn looks so muck like a Noro yarn..

    ReplyDelete
  13. the shawl looks gorgeous!I am also going to try this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really love the colours u choose Pearlin.. think this one will go with any outfit u choose to wear.
    u know am a novice wen it comes to crochet and knitting.. so wont get appropriate words to
    appreciate a fabulous work like this.. in one word its simply gorgeous..so happy to gaze at such wonderful works..
    congrats Pearlin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!Lovely colours in this and it looks very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it!! The color and style is very nice. Wish we have colder weather here, so I could wear a shawl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Pearlin. I tried to go to your blog yesterday and all I got was computer jargon. Yikes! At least today I was able to see that you have directed everyone here to your new blog. Why did you decide to start over? Did you make it to the fiber art group yesterday morning? I was gonna go last nite but then it was cancelled because no one was planning to go except me and Patricia and Ranju. Oh well! Hope all is well. Take care! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! It looks gorgeous Pearlin.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's very pretty - love all the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous shawl! I used very similar yarn to make a granny square blanket, got to love the colour changes!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks everyone for your lovely words of appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts