WIP Wednesday

As I was blog hopping I realized that a lot of people were still having their Christmas decorations on. All of ours came off  on the second  day of January.We had a prayer meeting on the third at our place, so we took them off ..Otherwise we might have had them till the end of the week, I think. Now the house looks bare .
I did not do much with the hooks and needles at all this week except work some more on this stole . 001
Usually I work on several projects at a time, but this time, I only have this project on the needles and I’ve been working on it a little at a time here and there. So it has grown considerably.For those interested , the pattern for the stole can be found here.
I did start a few squares for my Crochet runner but  I had to put them aside as  for most part of the week, I was down with flu. They are all from scrap Catania cotton yarn.I am not too happy with the colours so might change them a bit.
002
Hubby fed the kids noodles ,he made from readymade packets  for the two days, I could not get up from bed .The third day when I could walk about a little , the first thing M asked me  as soon as he woke up and saw me sitting by the window, “mumma are you well enough  to cook now?” Open-mouthed smileWith one course of sickness and heavy antibiotics through now, I hope we are done with our yearly quota of sickness .
Thanks for all your get well soon wishes. I am completely alright now. Sorry I could not visit any of you dear friends on your blogs, this week I plan to do so. Keep visiting me too Smile
tami_wip

Comments

  1. I really like the colours of the crochet squares!

    The stole looks beautiful too.

    I'm slightly odd when it comes to my Christmas decorations - I take them down before New Year's Eve. I can't start a new year with Christmas decorations around me for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you are back in action!can I tell you my serious opinion? I think parrot green on the outer edge(1st sq) stands out.otherwise I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stole - the yarn is awesome!

    I wish I could make granny squares like that! Practice makes perfect, right? I need to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you've been unwell. I'm glad you are on the mend now.

    Your stole looks so lovely and soft. The colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a dreadful week! Hope things improve quickly! Love the variegated colours in the stole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Your stole looks amazing, I love it! Your crochet squares look fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the stole! I am only in the beginning stages of knitting! I love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yarn for the stole, and I love the bright colors for your granny squares. Thanks for sharing on my WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous colors you work with! They make me happy just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the colors of the stole!! Beautiful!! My goal this year is to learn to make granny squares. I've tried before but failed miserably!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty stole Pearlin!:)..luv the colour combo:)as usual grt choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts