Craft , Fabric and Yarn supplies .... Where to Buy in Kuwait

just thought I'd add a little note of places I go for my  yarn, craft and fabric  shopping in Kuwait

Barakat @ Salmiya
Mabroor Complex,
Hamad  Al Mubarak Street
Telephone - 2574-6727/8
 Barakat is my absolute favourite store to shop for yarn in Kuwait. It was like the heavens had opened up and the angels were singing  and I wrote a very excited post here
It soon turned out to be my favourite weekend place to visit.
I love that they have a loyalty card.

There is also a row of little yarn stores with quite a lot of Turkish yarns and other craft supplies in the building down below and also in the building beside the Barakat building. Be sure to take a walk and explore. There is another little Barakat store there too.

Crystal House @ Souq Safat
Kuwait Commercial Area
Block 3, Showroom (9&10)
Kuwait City
 I discovered this store by chance one day. They have a good collection of cotton yarn and quilting supplies too apart from the Swarovski Crystal work they do. The staff here were very kind and often gave me good discounts when I purchased there.

If you take a walk aroud Souq Safat, you will find a lot of little stores selling sewing supplies and yarn and Anchor threads at resonable prices. You will have to go right to the back, and you will find a row of stores there too.

Needles and Yarn
IBN Khaldoun Street ( Opp Al Othman Centre)
Badawi Tower
Shop No 7
Hawali

This is the newest yarn store selling some really lovely yarn like Debbie Bliss and Addi knitting needles and Swing Crochet Hooks along with  some very cute knitting and crochet accessories.
Very helpful staff here too. I may or maynothave spent a small fortune here going crazy with the cuteness overload.

For Fabric shopping

Wandering around Souq Safat would be very helpful. There are a lot of stores that sell some very good quilting cottons and there are a lot of habadashery shops.
Then there is Dubai Souk where I have also got some very nice cotton fabric. The key to buying at these places is to bargain. 

Comments

Popular Posts