Finishing up some WIPs

This little doily was one of the long forgotten WIPs  .I was planning to make two flower doilies and then frame them. I finished one flower in this one and then lost interest . Sometime back, I took them out and finished it up.The second doily ,I planned ,is almost done too. I just need to block it.This red variegated thread I got from Anchor eons ago in India and the aqua thread I got from Daiso Kuwait around the same time. They are both size 20 threads. I love the colour combination so much!The pattern is from the Japanese book Beautiful Crochet Lace Doily and Table Center.
flower doily 004
I also tatted a bit , little motifs .These are actually one part of a tatted snowflake pattern. I’m  having trouble with hiding the threads so I ‘m working on it right now.
 liberation day embroidery 037
What ‘s going on in your creative space this week? Do tell. For more Creative Spaces Check Here
FOfridaymadewithlove

Comments

  1. Doily looks very cool. I dare to attempt this combo, but surprisingly it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty doily. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower doily is very pretty - the colors are very nice together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doily is a delight to look at, for the fine work and for the colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana. Loved your blog too :)

      Delete
  5. I'm really digging the aqua-red combination you used for the doily. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti .aqua red is my latest obssession :D

      Delete
  6. Pretty pretty pretty! I love framed doilies, it makes for very pretty art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I hope it'll still look good when I frame it.

      Delete
  7. That tattered snowflake pattern is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I'm making more of it :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thanks Kim.Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  9. Wow, This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anu so nice to see you here.Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Thank you Thank you! :D

      Delete
  11. Wow, these projects are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting and commenting Heather :)

      Delete
  12. Your doily is very pretty, Pearlin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!! absolutely stunning! love the detailing on these doilies.. wow!! I would never have so much of patience.. really!!

    impressed.. Thank you so so much for linking into Made with Love.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words .Its a pleasure :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts