My Creative Space


Thank God the weekend is almost here!
This week was relatively a calm one ,so in my creative space this week , there are some beginnings…..
photo (37)
…… Pinwheels for my teenbean. Those were  the colours he wanted . I am trying to finish it off  as fast as I can, using the easy pinwheel tutorial I found on you tube, coz this patient little man has been waiting  for his mamma to get it done for him for  the past three years!! *blush*…..
photo (36)
…..and Copenhagen squares .I was just playing with colours and I really like this combo. Only thing is that, it looks like I will run out of that lovely yellow  and the dark purple.  I need to go visit my local yarn store and see if they have any left. Keeping my fingers crossed……
…..now that the runner I was working on ,is off my hook.
runner 009a
The border and edging.
runner 005
runner 010
You like?
Project Details :
Pattern : I got this pattern off Pinterest, but  later I realised it is the same as Lucy’s Summer Garden Granny .
Hook:3.5 mm (F)
Yarn: Random yarns of  Schachenmayr nomotta Catania and Rico Essentials Cotton DK
Tidbits:
I tired the join as you go method for these squares after trying out several others and ending up being completely dissatisfied with them all.
For the border, I decided to single crochet around  for about five rows, with different colours .
I just winged the  edging . If anyone is interested ,here is what I did ..
*After completing the single crochet round with a slip stitch, Start edging with Ch 1  1 sc,  and in the next 2 stitches.1hdc, 1 dc, 1hdc in the next stitch. Then 1 sc  into the next 3 stitches…
For the corners  Skip one sc, in the next stitch, 3 hdc , ch1 ,3 hdc. Skip one stitch 3 and repeat around .until you reach  first Ch 1.Slip st. Fasten off. 
( 3 sc,{ (1 hdc 1 dc 1 hdc) in the next stitch} 3sc ) around.
Corners: Skip 1 sc, 3 hdc, Ch1, 3 hdc in next stitch, Skip 1 sc, 3 sc, { (1 hdc 1 dc 1 hdc) in the next stitch} 3sc ) around.
Joining in with all the  creative spaces here
andFOfriday

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I love the dark squares and the runner is just gorgeous. Great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessy. I hope to finish the quilt soon too :)

      Delete
  2. That runner looks so cheerful in the bright colors! The border brings out the colors of the squares so well and ties the whole piece together.
    BTW, we have the same exact couch in our family room, perfect for snuggling up on while we watch TV:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti. same pinch then ,on the couch :D

      Delete
  3. So lovely! I love the color palette. Good luck with the pinwheel - I always found them frustrating when I was quilting :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am using the easy pinwheel tute which is not so frustrating. You should definitely try it.Its quick and easy.

      Delete
  4. I second your enthusiasm towards the coming weekend. This week is catching up with me and I'm feeling exhausted. I love the table runner! It's very cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and for your kind words on my runner.Do keep visiting

      Delete
  5. Very nice border for those squares - it really unifies the entire thing with just the most subtle little ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  6. Hey there Pearlin! I really like your runner and the colors of your latest project. Boy, weekends just go way too fast. I've been so busy at school that by the time I get home during the week, I am such a blob. And then I can't decide what I want to do. A layer of dust covers everything all the time with the way the weather has been lately. :/ I'm crocheting just for the sake of crocheting with the yarn I've got. I really shouldn't go buy anymore, though I do want to. :) I'm sure I'll give in at some point. for now, I shall just grab the nearest ball of yarn and do whatever. Hope your weekend has been a good one. Take care! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. Yes the dust and clean up that followed was driving me crazy too.Yarn is my weakness. I just donot go to the store coz I know that I 'll empty my wallet there otherwise :D

      Delete
  7. I really love the colours you used in the runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So nice to see you on my blog!

      Delete
  8. The runner looks gorgeous, I love those colours together

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty. The pattern, the colors, what a beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Tammy

      Delete
  10. Very gorgeous runner,bright,cheerful colours and love the border too.. so you are back in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ninu , yea kind of back in action :)

      Delete
  11. Popping in from New Zealand - don't we bloggers get around?! Loving your choice of colours and the edging ties the squares together so well. Thanks for sharing your creative space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love this. This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous! I realize that I haven't visited your blog for a long time. I missed plenty of things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! What a patient young man. He deserves it as fast as you can make it! I liked the table runner and its colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh.. this is gorgeous.. lovely colours.. so so very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bright and cheerful runner Pearlin!.. Really luv the blocks and its colours you have shown above!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts