The First FO for the New Year from the New Country

Looks like March marched away in the little time we blinked!! Our days seem to be filled with so much of activity that there seems to be so little time for everything else!!
When I started for New Zealand  from Kuwait, I put together a little package for myself with a crochet hook, knitting needles ,thread, and yarn to work on when I arrived here. If you remember, I had already started two projects.Pretty easy , simple ones. And worked on them on and off between whatever time I got.
Ever since I finished the Triad wrap, I’ve been obsessed with fancy tassels for scarves and stoles . When I finished this scarf, I wanted to have fancy tassels  for this one too.  I saw a picture of a Crochet blouse with tassels on a blog;  taking  inspiration from  there, I gave it my own spin and Viola we have fancy tassels for my scarf too.
_DSC0728_thumb[7]_DSC0727_thumb[4]
This is how it looks wearing.The yarn is Alize Diva Batik.self striping, and colourful. Love love Love it!
882075_621183161232179_950418432_o
For those who like wearing scarves,stoles and shawls,what kind do you prefer- ,what shape do you prefer?colorful?neutral shades? Widths?, lengths ?do u like them with fancy tassels? or do you like them plain? if yarn what kind ? with special wools, wool blends, cotton, or acrylic yarn?crocheted or knit? what do you like to wear it with? Do you like to receive them as gifts? Would you gift it to someone else?  would you pay for a handcrafted one? Would you buy a handcrafted gift for someone when you know you can make the same? I'm all curiosity today ....indulge me please
 Show & Tell Thursday's

Comments

  1. I love the tassels. I like soft colorful scarfs in the spring and heavier, warmer ones more earth toned in the fall/winter. This scarf looks perfect for spring!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna for dropping by n commenting

      Delete
  2. It is a very pretty and colourful scarf !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pearlin. Very nice to hear from you. So you moved to New Zealand. Lucky you! An Indian friend here who grew up in Kuwait but then transplanted to New Zealand for some time then came back to Kuwait has now moved to India. They would have much rather moved back to New Zealand but since they both have mothers in Bangalore who are getting older (one just turned 80) and are not in the best of health, they decided to return to India to be with them (work in Kuwait was not going so well).

    I love that scarf and it goes so well with that pretty colorful skirt. I used to wear scarves all the time but haven't been doing so as much lately. And now with the heat setting in, skinny scarves would definitely be the way to go. I usually wear them exactly as you are, with one wrap around the neck.

    Thanks for stopping by. Best wishes, Tammy

    P.S. Google Follower will still be working -- it's only the Reader that is going away. I've never used Google Reader. Didn't like the way it was set up. I much prefer to visit blogs one by one through my sidebar or dashboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy so nice to see you drop by.Thank you , we like New Zealand so far n kind of miss some of the familiar things in Kuwait too.

      Delete
  4. really lovely pattern for that yarn, works well. Great fun scarf.

    I'm right into cowls at the moment, no flappy scarf ends to get in the way. I prefer solid, saturated colours, I've never been a neutral girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya. I love cowls for Winter too n yes colours too :)

      Delete
  5. There can't be to much colour right now. I'm longing for spring but it won't come. I love your skirt even more than your shawl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Babajeza so nice to see you here. We are moving into autumn here n don't know what to expect as its our first . The skirt was a gift from my hubby when he came from Thailand.love it too just my style :)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty! I'm just now finding your blog via Tami's Amis. Hope you are settling in to New Zealand, that must be quite a change from Kuwait! Hug a sheep for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie. Yes it's a huge huge change for us but so far it's been good. Will do when I get near one. They look so cute from far off :)

      Delete
  7. It's very pretty and looks stylish Pearlin......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vineetha soo excited to see you on my blog

      Delete
  8. Hi Pearlin, thanks so much for joining in! Love this scarf, it looks so pretty and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leonie n thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  9. u luk great in that outfit, Pearlin... the hangings are soo cute !

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scarf matches your skirt and your bag and is lovely! I'm usually not a scarf/stole wearer but if I did, it would have to be out of a neck-soft wool blend yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this colourful scarf. and I like scarfs, colourful ones, no too wide or long, to be specific I like stoles more.. tassles are not necessary but its okay and I dont like triangular shawls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts