Walk walk walk


This is the simple slouchy hat I made in about two days to take a break from my flower motif shawl.Lately my wrist starts aching if I crochet for too long .I used Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks for this one.It was a gift from my brother a long time ago. This yarn has knit up into a soft and surprisingly very warm fabric. It helped me cover my ears very nicely from the chill air as we went walking .My grandfather always used to tell me,” if you cover your ears and neck, you will never get sick”  when I was little and I’m discovering there is so much truth in it .Oh how I miss him!.
 _DSC0188
and then I tried to get a decent picture with the one row lace scarf. The light was fast going down and I could not take a good picture.
_DSC0194
My One Row Lace Scarf Stole was the other project  I started in Kuwait.I cannot tell you the number of times I frogged this and cast on again.Eventually I got into the pattern  A lot of people recommended a lifeline for this project. I did not use it. I did try it at one time  though and decided to do it my way after a few frustrating attempts.So ,when I made a mistake I simply unraveled and went on again.It wasn’t easy , but  I finished it . I crocheted  the flower tassles to finish off.
_DSC0010
The self striping Alize Cotton Gold Batik yarn that I used for this stole , kept me interested till the end  I must confess. I cut off a little yarn from the last skein I was working on ,so that I could get the same colour on each side of the stole edging for the length I wanted. I love the drape of the end product. I used less than three skeins of yarn for this stole..
  

 Show & Tell Thursday's

Comments

  1. Wow - what a lovely post! I had to look up Musick Point as I was not sure where it was. It sure looks lovely. I'm way over the other side north of Auckland in the Hibiscus Coast. Your knitting is fab too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn.So nice to meet a fellow blogger in Auckland :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great place and weather for a walk! Love the colors and the border on your stole:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti.Yes its a beautiful place .

      Delete
  3. Your stole is beautiful and I love the colorful bird! Your photos are really nice to look at, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisabeth.I 'm really happy you like my pictures:)

      Delete
  4. OH, a picnic would be nice! I love your stole. Beautiful colours. Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, beautiful FOs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat, just finished a slouch myself. The colors in the stole are beautiful! And you should carry the bird around when you wear it. Like a brooch or something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so funny :) yes I could carry it around and show how the colours match :D

      Delete
  7. The colors on the stole are delightful! I love the slouchy hat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects and amazing nature photos!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminado-osito/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place to spend some time. I've been doing lots and lots of walking. Weather is just right for it now so have to take advantage of it. Your shawl is very pretty and does match the beautiful bird. :) Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, walking is soo calming for the mind.

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love your hat and scarf
    Looking forward to meeting xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I hope we can meet soon too.

      Delete
  11. The stole is so beautiful! Those colors, I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is it about rainbow colours that makes us love it so much? Lovely birds a well.
    We're waiting for winter as well (Pretoria)...autumn feels like a rumour, and it's dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about love for rainbow colours :) thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  13. WOW! That scarf is absolutely beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like so much natural beauty to enjoy there!
    Your knitting projects are lovely and very useful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mimi, its true there is so much natural beauty here. thank you :)

      Delete
  15. Lovely lovely scarf/stole and well done you for persevering! Great hat and so lovely that you have had such a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Planet Pearl is a beautiful and an interesting place! I do not know how and why it was hiding from me! :)) Love your pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you .I'm really glad I found your blog too :)

      Delete
  17. That bird is so gorgeous and tropical! Lovely hat and scarf too. Enjoy the rest of your break. We're enjoying the early onset of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti, I was surprised to find it here at first, now so many of them come. its atreat to watch them :)

      Delete
  18. Hello from PetitBebe. Stopping by from the Handmade NZ blog link.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could go on a long walk in such a place. Beautiful hat and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pradeepa. You could come here on holiday :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts