Pretty Easy Coasters

The sun shines brightly , the skies seems clear  but man o man is it cold or what!! Dh and I went out for a quick grocery run and I came back with my teeth clattering. I never really liked Winter anyway   and I can’t wait for the  summer sun. Every time I get a chance, I try to stay in the warmth of my home as close as possible to the heater . And yes , there has been a lot of crocheting .I made these coasters and decided to write down the pattern and do a picture tutorial too for the benefit of absolute beginners.
_DSC0438
Skill Level
Easy
Materials
_DSC0372


Thread of your choice, suitable size hook,scissors
_DSC0375
Row :1 Make a magic loop and three chain  Count as 1 dc and work 11 more dc into the loop.Close the ring by pulling on the tail, and join the round by slip stitching in the top chain of 
the starting ch3.(12 dc)
_DSC0383

_DSC0385
Row : 2 Chain 3 (counting as 1 dc), work another dc in the same stitch, then work 2dc in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch in the top ch of the starting ch3. (24). Finish off.
 _DSC0387
_DSC0389
Row 3: Join the next colour.work 2sc, then *1sc 2sc* around. Join with a slip stitch in the top  of the starting sc. (36)
_DSC0393

Row:4 Work 1 sc  into each of the stitches all around.Join  with a slip stitch in the first sc. Finish off (36)
_DSC0401

Row:5: Join the third colour . Work Ch 4 ( counts as 1dc 1ch), then work *1dc 1ch* all around.
_DSC0407
Join in the 3rd ch of the first Ch4 with a slip stitch.Finish off.
_DSC0411

Row 6: Join the second colour you previously used  , Ch 3 ,dc in the next 1 ch space, 1dc on the next dc  around.(72)
_DSC0413

Row 7:3ch ,1dc in the next stitch and every other stitch around.(72) Join with a sl st in the third ch of the first 3ch .Finish off (72)
_DSC0414
Row 8 :Make another one. I like to do both simultaneously
_DSC0417

Keeping the wrong sides together and the right sides facing you,match stitches ,Insert the hook through both the stitches,sc around to join the two pieces together.
_DSC0420

_DSC0425
join with slip stitch and finish off._DSC0426
Row  :9  Join third colour 2ch in the first stitch, 1hdc in the next stitch. Ch 4 , skip one stitch 2hdc in the next stitch around. Join with sl st in the second ch of the first two ch .Finish off and weave in ends.
 _DSC0429

Your Pretty Easy Coaster is done! Enjoy Smile
_DSC0432
This ismy first time writing patterns  so if you find any mistakes, please feel free to let me know.
* Please donot  copy, sell or publish this pattern.This  pattern is for personal use  only.

Comments

  1. wow! lovely colours and thats one real classy scissors, u have in there, Pearlin !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sona :) I got it as a gift

      Delete
  2. They look really lovely! On another note... Yu won the giveaway on my blg last month! Ive emailed you re the prize. Can you please get in touch with me so we can organise delivery? Thanks and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thank you Leonie. I'm just beyond thrilled!

      Delete
  3. I love those colours Pearlin, and the tute pics are well taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ninu, means a lot to hear it from you :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the tutorial ! Your coasters look pretty and color combination is very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tutorial is great, I've bookmarked it to make coasters when I need a quick gift! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so many crochet tutorials this week... if only I was a crocheter!
    Love your coasters, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) its not that difficult to learn to crochet , you really shd give it a go :)

      Delete
  8. I might have to try these - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do n let me know thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Your coasters are beautiful, I love the yarn! Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I'll have to make one of these! Thanks for the tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love colourful coasters. Yes, I do.
    When a friend said to me today that crochet reminds her of her early teenage years in the seventies, I told her that SHE was oldfashioned (not me). Obviously she has missed something. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh yes ur friend has missed something ;)

      Delete
  12. Really lovely coasters, and a great tutorial. I think your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful colours pearlin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, congratulations on your blog!
    If you can visit this blog:
    http://morgannascimento.blogspot.com.br/
    Thank you for your attention

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these coasters are lovely and thanks for the tutorial. A few weeks ago I went to a beginners crochet class and have been making a mountain of granny square. WIll have to give these a go I think, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christine. I hope you will give them a go and let me know :)

      Delete
  16. Oh these coasters are lovely and thanks for the tutorial. A few weeks ago I went to a beginners crochet class and have been making a mountain of granny square. WIll have to give these a go I think, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts