Cheery Coasters--- Free Pattern

Coaster 4
Hi everyone
Thanks for staying with me inspite of my long absence. Thanks for all your loving messages of encouragement , comfort and hope.I really appreciate it .We are in India right now , not sure for how long.
Crochet as usual has come to my rescue  amidst all the chaos here.I made these coasters  with some Laura Cotton yarn I flicked  from my mom,  no easy feat my friends, not the making ,I mean the flicking coz she guards them with her life!
First came the idea for the coasters , then the idea for the basket to hold the coasters. The pattern kind of evolved as it went  and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.
COASTER 5

Coaster 12
Don't you feel like smiling when you look at them?Thats the reason I decided to call them Cheery Coasters
Then  the cover for the basket seemed plain and I decided to add a flower to it
Coaster8

So here's the pattern for the Cheery Coasters.
Skill Level
Easy
Materials 
Various Colours of Laura Knitting Cotton
Hook F/5- 3.75 mm
This pattern is written in American Terms
Stitches :
Ch=Chain
Slst=slipstitch
Sc= Single Crochet
Dc= Double Crochet
3dc bo=3DC bobble stitch
For a 3 double crochet bobble stitch, do each double crochet without completing the the last step in the same stitch, (you would have 2 loops after the first dc, 3 loops on the hook after the  second dc, and 4 loops on the hook when all all three dcs are completed. Then yarn over and draw through all the loops. That is the bobble stitch.
For the starting bobble, start with 3 ch which would count as the first dc.Coaster 3

Round :1  Make a magic loop and three chain  (Count as 1 dc )and work 11 more dc into the loop.Close the ring by pulling on the tail, and join the round by slip stitching in the top chain of the starting ch3.(12 dc) finish off.
Round :2  Join new Colour .Make one starting bobble ,ch 2, make 3dc bo, ch 3, repeat around .Join with sl st to the first bobble. (12 (3dc bo))Finish off.
Round :3  Join new Colour in the two chain space from the previous row.Ch 3,(counts as first dc)make three more dc in the same space. In the next 2ch space ,make4 dc,repeat around.Join to the first dc.(48 dc)
Round :4 Join new colour, ch1,sc in each of the DCs on the previous row, around.Join to the first sc.
Round :5 Join new colour, ch3,dc in the third ch from hook, skip one stitch, sl st in the next stitch.Repeat around.Finish off.
The cheery coasters are done. Enjoy!
Coaster9

the picture below is my first real unblurred pic on the manual setting on my Nikon :)

Coaster15
if you find any mistakes, please feel free to let me know.
* Please donot  copy, sell or publish this pattern.This  pattern is for personal use  only. 




  

Comments

  1. These coasters are lovely, Pearlin. I am sorry I didn't read your last post. I hope whatever crisis you are facing right now will come to an end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearlin, good to see you back posting your latest creation. Pretty coasters, and with the basket will make a wonderful gift!
    I know better days are ahead for your family and more blessings will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to read a post from you. Hope things are ok and life is settling a bit. Gorgeous coasters and yay for finding peace and comfort, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cheery coaster..:)
    xx Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've picked the perfect name for these lovely coasters, they are cheery indeed! Hope you are your sweet family are well. So nice to see you posting again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Cherry colorful coaster.. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coasters are really cheerful!! The colors look so bright and beautiful !!:) hope you and your family are doing fine now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts