Easy Peasy Snowflake - Free Pattern



Easy Peasy Snowflake edited 1

This is just  a two row snowflake that I made on a whim. I wouldn't have written the pattern down had not a liker on my Facebook page asked if there was a pattern online. I did not know of any. So thought I 'd share what I did.
Skill Level
Easy
Materials 
 Laura Knitting Cotton
Hook F/5- 3.75 mm
This pattern is written in American Terms
Stitches :
Ch=Chain
Slst=slipstitch
Sc= Single Crochet
Dc= Double Crochet
 Picot=3ch Insert hook in third ch from hook, Yarn over and draw though the stitch.(For a bigger picot,4ch)
Round :1   Make a magic loop and three chain  (Count as 1 dc )and work 1more dc then 2 chain , then work  2 dc , 2 ch . Repeat 4 more times into the loop.Close the ring by pulling on the tail, and join the round by slip stitching in the top chain of the starting ch3.( 6 (2 dc 2ch)) finish off.
Round :2  Sl st in to the   2 ch space,Ch 3 (count as 1  dc, )  make one more dc in the two chain space , Ch one, make a picot, next make a bigger picot with 4chain , ch3 picot,ch1, 2 dc. ( 2 dc,ch1, 3ch picot, 4ch picot, 3ch picot, Ch 1 ,2dc )Repeat around.Join the round with a slip stitch in the top chain of the starting Ch3. Finish off.
Enjoy! If you find any mistakes, please feel free to let me know.

Comments

  1. Awesome thanks for sharing Pearlin! I hope to give them a go in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your snowflakes Leonie. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could crochet! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not hard Katie you can learn.Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous. I wish I could manipulate a crochet hook, I seriously need to think about finding someone to teach me.
    Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elfyn. I'm updating my page of links and posting it here on my blog in a few days. I hope it will be useful for you.

      Delete
  6. what a lovely snowflake! definitly have to make some
    thanks for sharing
    imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much. I hope you make many :)

      Delete
  7. That turned out cute Pearlin! I will have to try it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you Mimi. Please do try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I am a newbie to crochet. Do you have a tutorial on the magic loop? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured out the magic loop. Am confused though in the loop what I repeat. Where does the repeating start? Thanks!!

      Delete
  10. Hi Lisa
    You have to repeat the 2dc 2ch until you have a total of 6 (2dc , each separated by 2ch ) then you join to the beginning 3ch that you count as the first dc. Hope it makes sense now. Or else I'll do a pic tute for you :). Let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The repeat starts with a 3ch then one dc that you make into the magic loop. This is counted as the first 2dc . Then you make 2ch , then 2dc . Until you have a six 2dc totally.
      Does it make sense?

      Delete
    2. Hope it's helpful. Let me know how you go

      Delete
  11. Yes, thanks so much. Got my loop done now working on the rest. It is hard teaching your self and pictures help knowing where to put stitches. Having trouble knowing which stitch is number 2. Think I did too tight maybe? Then after I do the picots where do I put the dc? Sorry. I do so much appreciate your time and help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you figured it out Lisa. I will try to do a picture tutorial one of these days :)

      Delete
  12. thank you SO much for this great pattern - i love making these snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome. I'm so happy to hear your feedback. Thank you :))

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas! I really love how my snowflake turned out with your pattern. I am new to crocheting, and your directions were easy to follow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! You are most welcome .Thank you so much for the feedback:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts