A quick Update


The blanket has grown a little.



I'm now considering adding White ,for a lavender and white stripey kind of blanket. I have not yet added the white because, I got a little distracted and tried a heart pattern from the Japanese book called 100 Bag Motifs.



This yarn is Craft Linen I got from Daiso long back. I really like how nice it feels, with just the right amount of drape and softness. I doubt it will be good for wear but yes ,for household items, it's really good.Pity I do not have more colours. 

On the other hand, the Debbie Bliss yarn I'm using for the rest of the heart garland( I'm planning to make a heart garland) is a dream to work with. 

I keep thinking to myself that I'm wasting lovely yarn on household stuff when it could be used for clothes or blankets.Then I tell myself , I could get more ;if I wanted to make something in future .

I'm kind of stingy when it comes to yarn .
My mom can vouch for the fact ,I'm selfish when it comes to yarn!
I flatly refused to share any of it with her , when she asked me to give her couple of skeins to try!! Sorry Mom!I do love you but I can't share my yarn!


Are you generous with your yarns? Or are you Stingy like me when it comes to yarns that you love?

Should I be irregular in visiting you all or not be seen in this space , kindly bear with me. There really is too much on my plate right now.

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday! I hope life becomes a little less crazy for you soon. Your yarns are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie and Welcome to my blog.Hope u will visit me here often

      Delete
  2. Belated birthday wishes to you. Your son's remarks on "amma" were really funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pradeepa. Yes his observations of life in India is very funny sometimes :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday ! The heart shaped design is beautiful ! Your yarns are so colorful and lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Pearlin! Hope you are feeling more blessed and settled as each day passes and keeping busy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leonie Yes I hope and pray we will be able to live together as a family this year

      Delete
  5. Belated birthday wishes Pearlin!
    Your son's questions are super interesting, cute and funny :-)
    I'm very possessive about yarn too, but have shared it with my mum(though reluctantly ;-) ). But I head to my yarn shop ASAP to replenish my stash :D I love to see the happiness on her face when she seen new yarn and starts thinking of new projects she can start with them. So I always buy yarn for her when I buy for myself :-)
    Hope you had a great birthday!
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ranjitha
      Ah ! Now that's a great idea for getting some yarns for my mom when I get for myself ! I did get her Laura Cotton as she loved them. Now that she has seen Debbie Bliss Cotton DK she is a convert 😀

      Delete
  6. Happy, happy birthday! I hope that your dad feels well again and that you are able to find good help soon. Your son's "Amma" queries are adorable and so very true! Your mom can dig in my yarn stash bins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Preeti you are so generous my friend. My mom would love pointing out how generous u are as opposed to me if we lived closer :)) wish we really did

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 40th Pearlin! I know how it feels like to be stingy with yarns you love...those yarns are usually hard to find,, or could be a bit expensive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday Pearlin!! :)
    I am not stingy with yarns but I sure think a lot before buying imported stuff. If my mother wants anything, I give from my stash and ensure I order again for myself. But that's very rare because she knits and uses a thicker yarn than what I use, so I or my sis-in-law would go with her and get her new stock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts