Happy New Year



Hello lovely people
How is the New Year treating you so far? Mine is going ok so far. We had a lovely lovely time in Kuwait. If you are following me on FB and Instagram , you would have seen snippets of things we did . I had a little list of to dos ,the boys had a list of to do and we did all of it. It was really good to visit some of our favourite places, eat some of our fav food. Yes the familiarity  was comforting and did wonders for our spirits.
I went to my old yarn store and the guy still had my bonus card on his system and gave me a discount on that. He asked where I'd been all these months, how the boys were, if they were taller now? Yes the familiarity was comforting. 
It was like being home after a long vacation.yes, Kuwait feels more like home than India .
I went to this new yarn store ,called Needles and Yarn also could be called yarn heaven. I got some lovely Debbie bliss yarns ,addi needles there ,cute stitch markers and row countersalready.
Just as the year  was drawing to the end,my brother and my sil announced they were expecting a new addition to the family sometime in August. So I did what all of us crocheters and knitters are known to do;start making stuff for the baby! Plus it was a perfect excuse to break out my new 6 mm Addi needles and sparkly stitch markers.
I had wanted make the Sweet as honey baby blanket for a long long time, I did start once, but back then it overwhelmed me and ended up frogging it. Second time round, it seems easier and this is my progress so far. I'm using Caron one pound yarn .

Comments

  1. Happy new year to you too Pearlin :) Yay for finding comfort and happy :) cant wait to see what you make for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leonie wish you and your family lots love and Happiness in the New Year.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Pearlin :) Glad you had a nice start. We just returned from vacation and I am trying to get back to the routine. I love the lavender color, hope it comes out the way you wanted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya wish you all the best in the New Year
      Getting back into the routine
      takes time rt 😊

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the lovely new blanket for the baby! Familiar is always so comforting, glad you had a great time in Kuwait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Dear Preethy it's so good to see you here

      Delete
  4. Lavender is my fav colour. And lovely needles. Where did you buy them ? In Kuwait ? I want to buy steel circular knitting needles too. How much do they cost ?
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ranjitha
      Welcome to The Planet Pearl
      Yes I got the needles in Kuwait n they are really good . The needles I got are called Addi and cost 2.K. D each

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts