Baby Blanket

DSC 2751
Its been a while since I blogged and it feels like I do not know what to say anymore. Things happen and I think, I must write about it. I write the entire blog post in my head .  When I do sit down to  write, my mind goes blank!
My baby sister is expecting her fourth  baby anytime now. I’d planned to make a blanket for her baby . I do not know how it happened, it just plain slipped my mind !
Only when we got the news that she might be going into labour, I realized I hadn’t made anything for our new nephew! Omg! 
I completely panicked.Luckily I had some  Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn in my stash. Grabbed that and ran to my go to pattern, Deneen’s Bubble Baby blanket and finished the blanket in a day!
I used two strands held together and a huge N hook
Almost every baby in our family has got one blanket made from that pattern.Always used two strands with a N hook  ,with the other blankets I’d made too.
Ashwin blanket 
I used a different coloured yarn for the edging. On one side the pattern  continued  in a  different color  , doubles up as a border, and on the other side, its simple SC around. I opted for this, because I did not have enough yarn. 
I took it  along with me in our car ,as we ran about town doing things that had to be done, like paying school fees, phone bill, etc . I did end up with a sore thumb working with my N hook.
I was very pleased that I finished in time before my aunt and Uncle’s visit and didn’t run out of yarn . My aunt and Uncle will take it to my sister to wrap the newborn with some handmade love.


Comments

  1. wow..it is a lovely blanket Pearlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a beautiful blanket and thoughtful gift! I have to get a baby girl gift and will be buying my home made blanket.. no such skills on my fingertips.. although I have been practicing crochet for weeks.. (no luck!) haha.. So very happy to see you back! Looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim I'm sure you will crochet soon.😊

      Delete
  3. Wow, that was really fast Pearlin and it looks so neat and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and lovely blanket, Pearlin!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really gorgeous Pearlin! Gosh it looks soooo soft and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on becoming an aunt again :) This is the sweetest baby blanket, I love how cuddly it looks and the edging is in the softest blue. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blanket Pearlin ! You completed the blanket in a day ? wow you sure work fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya, yes this time I was worried about not finishing before the baby arrived :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts