Let Love Surround You

Letluvsur
 Is it just me or did this weekend go by too fast? 
My friends and I had planned to meet up on Sunday but the meet up did not happen as planned. So ,I went with my boys and parents to visit my aunt who is recovering from a knee surgery. She is recovering very well .It was so nice to see her and the rest of the family there.
On Friday,I went to a local saloon and chopped my shoulder length hair by a couple of inches .I can now wear my hair up in a little pony tail. Its light on my head and keeps my neck from getting sweaty. It has been really really hot.But you know what, none of my family , liked it.
Lil B  had just come  back from school as I was arriving home. And he asked “mumma did you cut your hair? show me” When I replied  in the affirmative  and showed him after taking off the hair tie, he got all  Rrumpelstiltskin on me.
Big B was like “oh mumma why did you cut your hair!… and continued on in a more sober "oh well ,it’ll grow, its your hair after all”….
My dad took on a stoic silence while my mum yelled my name and then fell silent.
J in his usual style said" its nice, but I liked the long hair." I ,on the other hand, was quite bemused and  did not know how to react to the dramatic reactions of my sometimes very dramatic family. What’s with my family and long hair,?  or is this an universal thing? 
 I’m surrounded by love , I know! and I ain’t  complaining. :)
)Val stitch 02 
This is the other stitchery I was working on..I did not add anything to the pattern and I think its a free pattern . I found it on Pinterest. I’m so pleased I get to   strike off one more project from  my to do list .Yay!

Comments

  1. Oh now this stitchery is just so lovely! I love the shades of red on the light fabric, so pretty. Do you have any plans for it or are you going to keep it hung on the hoop?

    I agree about the long hair thing being universal. We like it manageable, those around us have a harder time coping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti. its really good to know that its just not our family thing:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely wee embroidery! I'm just working on one at the moment too :) and haha I'm all for chopping off hair and it doesn't sound like you did anything dramatic! Must feel soo nice and light and cool! I have on two occasions now chopped my hair off from mid back down to inches! Love the freedom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonie. Im eager to see your finish :) I didn't you know, it was just about one or one and a half inches :)yup, feels so nice.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty stitchery. I think the long hair issue is universal. I cut my hair only once in a year and I cut it really short. My parents aren't too dramatic and normally don't mind but it I cut it too short they'll ask why. My in-laws used to be shocked initially when they see my newly cut hair but my husband will always support me in front of them though I know he too doesn't like it too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pradeepa.in our house it's my parents who insist I grow my hair n my inlaws keep saying to keep it short

      Delete
  4. Beautiful stitchery pearlin. I too want to cut my hair too short. But everyone around me will react as if i have done a sin so once in a year I myself cut one or two inches. we are gearing up for summer and it is very very irritating some times. But i used to thank God for giving me such long hair whenever I see someone with thin hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shami, I can so see that reaction cutting hair being equal to sin. I got it when I went through my crew cut stage :) My mom had very long hair thick hair almost till her calf muscles, and so has always wanted me to grow my hair to... but I've been a bit of a rebel there :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Pearlin
    I cannot for the life of me find your comment in my emails regarding my post for Embroidery Testers. Can you please email me on lydia.nz.00@gmail.com Thanks and I will organise a stitchery pattern for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much I emailed you right away :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts