Easter happenings

Hello Lovely people
How was your Easter weekend? Ours was so hectic. The boys took part in their Annual School Day celebrations and had to practice really hard for it.
The Event was on Easter Sunday . My parents and I attended the early morning Church service, at 4 a.m. , had to prepare breakfast  and lunch quickly and had to take them to school for their final practice.
At the school event,Big B gave the welcome address.
Big b welcome address 
and also took part in the School play The Bishop’s Candlesticks
Bishops candlesticks

Lil B gave the Vote of Thanks
Lil b vote of thanks
It was the first public speaking event for  both Big B and Lil 
B. They both did really well.
 Not just a biased mom’s opinion, a lot of other people in the audience said the same too.
Lil B told me, he felt like his heart would jump out of his chest at any minute, it was beating so fast , as he stood there in front of all those people. I’m sure Big B felt the same way too , but just wasn’t as eloquent as Lil B.
The kids and teachers had put in so much effort and the program was very colorful  and lively.
 Annual day collage
The next day was a school holiday and we went to attend the housewarming function of my cousin’s home.Which was so lovely too! 
Meeting up with my cousins, laughing over our shared childhood memories and watching our children play and make memories now, are some of the things that really  make my heart  happy. We were so busy catching up , I forgot to take pictures :facepalm
I also finished my Easter Egg stitchery, like I was hoping to.
EasterEgg 3
 I found the link to the stitchery by chance on Facebook .
Easter Egg 4
Being a complete green horn , I was so excited to learn  a few new stitches with this stitchery and definetly  fell in love with the double herringbone stitch!
There is a  neat tutorial here
I also added some bling with the stones and fabric glue that I had at hand.
Easter Egg 01
I wanted to finish it into a mini quilt,mini quilts have caught my fancy lately, but I have not set my rotary cutting mat and machine ready to sew. One of these days, I will get down to it.Until then it will have to stay on the hoop.
Easter Egg 2
So tell me, what was your Easter Weekend like?

Comments

  1. Pearl! What a beautiful Easter egg stitchery. You're so very talented at needlecrafts. Thank you for sharing. Do you have a facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lekki you are very kind. Yes I do have a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PlanetPearl

      Delete
  2. Love the Easter bling! Congrats to your boys. They look so calm and confident!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embroidery and the picture.:) and ur kids are all grown up already! time flies..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your boys on their amazing performances! What an incredible egg stitchery, I love all of the colors and the different embroidery stitches you've used. I have a few things to finish up and then I'm jumping on the instagram mini quilt bandwagon :) Oh wait, I'm already doing the mini patch KAL hosted by Chase of aquarterinchmark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your kids for their great performance !!
    And your embroidery, OMG, it's so pretty !! I love the stitches and the colors and the extra bling thing too:) lovely work!!
    I haven't done embroidery since almost an year. Too many things ....too little time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well dine to your boys! Its no small thing to get up and talk to so many people! Love your stitching! Its gorgeous! Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your boys! The Easter egg stitchery is gorgeous with all those pretty stitches. I love the bling you have added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to your boys!! Loved the embroidery you have done. Its amazing.
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts