Round Ripple Blanket

Hello my lovely peeps
After I finished knitting the As sweet as honey Blanket, I wanted to make another blanket  for the little one . You see, I was feeling a tad guilty about not making a blanket specially for him. 
I had been eyeing this pattern for quite a long time, I tried once and failed mostly because I wasn’t paying attention .Then lost interest and gave up on it.
 This time around,there were no hiccups.I loved how quickly  it worked up and really enjoyed working on it. 
Round ripple 2
The natural coloured yarn was gift from my aunt .she gave me two skeins of the Bernat Soft Boucle in Natural and the maroon,  also Bernat Soft Boucle ,was a ROAK(random act of kindness) from Shelle

Project Details: 
Hook :  6.0 mm  (J)
Yarn:Bernat Soft Boucle ( Natural and Maroon)
Pattern: Round Ripple 
Tid Bits: I added a Reverse Crochet edging  so that the edges would be sharp. 

School break is over and the children are back in school, happy in their new classes. We went on one more trip, but it did not go as 
planned.
  


Big B got together with some of his friends and made a trailer for his short film on bullying during his school break. I hope he will go through with his plan and make the movie after all. Here’s the link if you want to have a peek at it.Shot with IPhone 5

With  Ripple blanket  done and out of the way, I did not know what else to do with my life. So I dug out the scalloped table runner  from the mountain of boxes. I can’t really remember where and when  I started this project ! 
Scalloped table runner
I also started a stitchery for Easter and I hope , I will finish before Easter.
What are you all working on? Anything for Easter? Do share.
Have a lovely weekend you all.

Comments

  1. First let me say that Big B is so talented and I really hope he makes this movie because standing up against bullying is so dear to my heart! Well done Big B!! Glad you finished the ripple blanket. It looks so cozy in the boucle yarn and the contrasting color really brings out the pattern. Easter crafting for me was my knitted bunny and my spring buntings. Now, I have to get back to finishing my many WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Preeti. Big B would like to thank you too.

      Delete
  2. I took a peek at the trailer, its quite impressive!...you have a talented family, Pearlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your boy for making a film about bullying - what a clever boy. Your round ripple blanket is gorgeous. I am making a wreath with a easter theme for a competion for the Women's Institute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very warm welcome and thanks Lorna. would love to see your wreath soon.

      Delete
  4. Whoa! I was not expecting that. Tell Big B that it is awesome. I actually got goosebumps so that means it was good! The ripple round is lovely. I have a feeling I would get lost in a pattern like that. Much prefer a good ol' granny stripe or square. Thanks for connecting on Instagram. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy I will let Big B know :) , this wasn't hard at all this time around. Love your feed on Instagram

      Delete
  5. Love it Pearlin and well done on getting there this time! Well done Big B too - how exciting! Have just done some Easter bunnies - they'll be on Show and Tell next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonie, I'm really glad it came out . Can't wait to see what you made for Easter

      Delete
  6. The trailer is impressive !! Sometimes just taking a break and starting all over again makes the pattern look so simple :-) I have felt it many time before. Inspired by your honey blanket, I'm planning to start a knitted blanket myself :-)
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranjitha. You are right , sometimes taking a break n trying again makes the patter easy,I'm so glad to hear that you started a blanket too!

      Delete
  7. It's a very nice blanket!!:) Sometime back, I started a similar kind of pattern but I guess my gauge wasn't right so I left it in the middle. I hope I will start it again positively and complete. I saw the trailer !! It's an excellent attempt by your boy!! Great going !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts