Currently Reading _365 PHOTOGRAPHS... A PHOTO A DAY FOR 2015

I was completely smitten by this book when I read it the first time, after coming here.Now, I'm reading it again  !!
Knowing only the outline story of the Mahabharatha, and nothing really about Panchali in the story, it was an eye opener of the great Epic for me, the first time.
I was drawn so deeply into it; I could relate to it as a woman going on an emotional ride ,as she struggles with  her relationships.
 A lot of lines  spoke to me (  I usually underline them as I read them to go back and read them again)and sometime in between, it suddenly dawned upon me, that there is a lot of me in Chitra's portrayal of Panchali's character .... pride, anger, resentment, anxiety, longing to belong somewhere ,regrets and how circumstances shape a person.
Would totally recommend it , if you haven't read it before.

Comments

  1. Very intriguing! I've seen this title before but thought that I wouldn't be able to relate. Our local library has this audiobook. You've convinced me to borrow it after I'm done listening to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (love the Flavia series!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts