Embracing Winter

Winter has been my least favourite season always.
As the weather started slowly turning colder, I started getting cold feet ( punny I know :p) .
 If you didn't know, old homes in New Zealand do not have proper insulation and heating and therefore makes you feel like you are living in a freezer box. We learnt that the home we live in is one such home as well;with no insulation at all ,but a couple of boards to shield us from the blistering winds that make you shiver to the very bones.
 The grey skies, bare trees ,the definite chill in the air made me grumpy and panicky.... even before we got into the real cold rainy miserable winter days....
However, while enjoying the company of kind friends, bundled up in layers and layers of merinos , fleece clothes and down jackets,fortified with  copious amounts of Red Label Nature Care Tea, that my mom so lovingly sent me in the packages earlier,  I have come to realise that a slight change in attitude is all it takes to embrace winter , admire the beauty of Winter 
and smile despite  those chapped lips and chattering teeth.
Oh and one of the best things we have discovered this winter is the Aveeno moisturiser to deal with itchy scratchy dry skin. Being extremely prone to dry and itchy skin in cold weather and sensitive to  scents, its a blessing to find something non greasy, fragrance free and light on the skin to help with the dryness and itchiness.
I have found that when we use it right after a shower, the skin remains moisturised  and soft throughout the day, the product gets absorbed immediately and is not greasy at all. Its my favourite for this winter. 


Comments

  1. Oh, it's already winter there? We're enjoying the monsoon rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are nearing Spring Pradeepa. Can't wait for summer :)) . Enjoy the monsoons missing them a lot here !

      Delete
  2. I hope it snowed enough for some snow day fun! We're hoping it cools down soon with the hot summer we've been having in North America, LOL!! I alternate between Lush Shower Smoothies and Aveeno body wash during the winter - I highly recommend it. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Preeti it was very little snow that melted right away. hehehe the grass seems so much brighter on your side my friend ;)
      I tried looking for Aveeno body wash , couldn't find one yet :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts