New...

Spring definitely seems to be on her way. After the  gloomy weepy weekend that  seemed to pass by quickly in the warmth of friends, we 've had a couple of sunny pleasant days.With the sun out in full glory, birds chirping about and the nip still in the air... I sit on my dinning table looking out the backyard where the plum tree is blooming
 And I knit between chores on this Scarf for J....
....Encouraged by the fact that he now constantly wears the skinny scarf I knit for him when we were in Auckland. I can't remember if he wore it then.
I have knit a few scarves for him here and there, but he hardly wears them. This one he does .
Having become the yarn snob after coming to Christchurch and discovering all the Merino, Romney, Silk and Possum blend yarn available here, I decided that he had to have a soft merino scarf hugging his neck as he religiously goes out to work ,rain or shine, freezing or not
Rosewood Wool have just introduced their Lux line of yarns which is a 15%possum 85%merino blend yarn. I snapped up their very first yarn to go on flash sale on Instagram, just for this.
The colour is called Storybook....the colour is hard to capture on camera .Trust me, its a gorgeous colour and most importantly,J approves.
This is the closest colour...
 I started the scarf as soon as the yarn arrived..... oh so soft.
I knit back and forth mindlessly... thinking about how its going to keep him warm wrapped around his neck and hope that he knows how much we appreciate all that he does for us.

Comments

Popular Posts