Sweet Baby

 This Vanilla and Chocolate  baby blanket was custom made for my cousin who is going to have a baby soon.
The Blanket is my run-to baby blanket. 
While I have made many baby blankets for little ones in the family, the flip flops are a first.
I rarely make baby booties or flip flops. I might have made a couple for Lil B and then for my nephew, that is it.
It took some time for me to get my head around the concept of  having to make a new born to three months size. Are baby feet really that small?!! What if it is too small, what if it doesn't fit ... ah those doubts come without calling!And then I checked the sole size for newborns and the size was spot on! phew! big relief.
I so wanted to add a ribbon to secure it tightly .The to-be parents have chosen not to find the gender of the baby yet and wanted a gender neutral option. And so i made this. After I packed and posted the package to Auckland, where it has reached now, I got an idea for a simple tie. Ah, hind sight is always 20/20!
At the moment I'm on a making mission . I have finished some of the unfinished projects that I had sitting in my WIP basket. Feeling very productive, I made a few more things with the plan of stocking them  in my Etsy Store. 
Its the photography part of it that gives me the heebie-jeebies. However, slowly but surely  we will over come that too :D


Comments

  1. Lovely blanket and the little flip flops are so cute:) How is the etsy store going for you ? I have been on and off deciding on whether to have one or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Preeti. I opened my store and had my sale outside Easy. So its on holiday mode at present .Its quite scary but I do want to reopen it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts