Crochet Home By Emma Lamb -Review

Book Review- Crochet Home by Emma Lamb

I love the cosiness pretty functional hand made things add to my home. As a huge fan of Emma Lamb's garlands and colour palate, I jumped at the chance to place a hold on the book as soon as it arrived in my library.
I just couldn't contain my excitement when I got the email telling me that the book was waiting for me. I couldn't even wait till I got home to have a look inside. Let me tell you I was not one bit disappointed!
 I was smitten by the lovely cover . First look inside, I was sold!
The book has twenty projects, under four broad umbrellas.
The first section is Garlands and Decorations.It includes Emma 's flower garland , geometry garland.

The second section  is dedicated to potholders ... four potholders each different from the other either in shape or texture

The third section is dedicated to  five cushions ,interestingly different and heartwarming.

 Fourth  section is for Blankets and Throws.
I particularly liked the rug that is made worsted cotton. I am not a big fan of the T-shirt yarn which I find hard on the hands.
I must add here,  I want to make every single one of the patterns in the book. If the question of absolute favourite arises ,it would have to be the pinwheel patchwork cushion.
In my opinion, this book is suitable for a beginner as well as a more advanced crocheter.
Any book that has charts accompanying written instructions is an  A plus for me. This book has gone one step further and added  very detailed how to  picture illustrations of the techniques and the stitches. Very useful for a visual learner like me.The instructions are written in UK terms, however the pattern abbreviations and symbols page give the corresponding US terms and the symbol  charts. The Techniques page has the US terms in brackets.
There is a suppliers list  along with the pattern stitches  and abbreviations list too.
Yarn substitution is a bonus feature for some projects. .
In the getting started section,I was pleased that the author decided to include a section for blocking too. I 'm always intrigued by everyone's blocking method.
I have already started working on the Geometry garland as I had some of the suggested yarn with me.
This is definitely a book I would love to have in my collection of Crochet books.

Comments

  1. Since you've already started a project, it's obvious you were greatly inspired by the book. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely is very inspiring Tammy. I've always loved Emma Lamb's work and it is nice to have her patterns in a book

      Delete
  2. Nice geometric designs...I like the pinwheel cushion too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it so nice Mimi. I'm drawn towards geometric designs too these days

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. isn't it lovely Shammi?! Thanks for dropping by. Its so nice to see you after a long time here

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts