Day Tripping_ Waikuku Beach

When the weather gets gorgeous ,the school break starts, and the day light savings kick in,then its  time to go exploring out and about Christchurch.

 This time,we decided to drive upto Waikuku Beach... its just a half an hour drive from Christchurch in the Waimakiriri district.
Waikuku Beach is a very beautiful beach.
The weather was gorgeous for the drive, but walking out on the beach, I needed my jacket on.... to protect me from the chilling wind.
Lil B loves the water and wanted to swim . With the terrible cough he has been having for over a week now, walking up and down the sand dunes was the sensible option.
The drift wood on the beach offered to be the perfect walking sticks and a boy definitely needs two of those for scaling up the 'mountains'
Seemingly untouched, we saw a couple of surfers on the beach .However, the Surfers Lifeguard watch house makes me believe that the Waikuku beach must be  a surfer's paradise. Plus a great place for kids to frolic around in the sea.
 We drove around spotting water birds
 and enjoying the rustic charm of the area.
when this board caught our eyes
A hidden little gem that we thoroughly
enjoyed exploring
First things first though...as soon as I saw the word craftworks, I made a beeline  into the store.
We were greeted with the friendliest of smiles and an array of glorious handmade glass beads, jewellery, tableware. The owner told me,she made them all out of test tube heat resistant by blowing the glass.
 I searched up and found their website! I do want to go back there.
This large antique mill that was built sometime in the 1870s, houses a large assortment of things .From Antiques ,trinkets, homewares and Kiwiana Memorabilia to gorgeous clothes , accessories and collectibles.
 I just adored the exposed brick walls and the gorgeous, friendly resident dog inside. oh and not to forget the old fire place adding on the vintage charm and warmth to the place .
The drive back was dedicated to spotting babies...

Btw,where did September go? seems like it whizzed past when I blinked!

Comments

Popular Posts