Bloom



I  made this coaster a long time ago inspired
by a pattern called Christmas Star in a magazine called Crochet Fantasy. It was my very first doily .You can see the doily here .And  as usual forgot about it. 
Two moves later, I found the coaster I had made with Catania cotton recently.When I posted  picture  on Instagram, one of my little students back then, who is now a lovely young lady, told me I taught her to make it too. I must add that they were my most enthusiastic students and I enjoyed teaching them until they went to higher classes when they did not have time to concentrate on other things.Infact I owe it to these girls for giving me 
 the confidence to teach , with their enthusiasm.
Then on  Facebook, I got requests for the pattern. I promised to write it down but never got around to it. Finally, when I decided to sit down and write it, I got a better idea. Big B likes to make videos and since he is on his summer break I decided to make a video with his help for you all. I am so pleased he took charge of shooting the video, editing it and uploading it for me on You Tube. Not just that he also shot all the pictures in this post.
 I hope this video will be helpful to beginners.. 



Skill Level

Easy

Materials 

 Cotton Yarn ( I used Debbie Bliss Cotton DK)

Hook F/5- 3.75 mm

This pattern is written in American Terms

Stitches :

Slst=slipstitch
Sc= Single Crochet

Dc= Double Crochet
Ch = Chain

Round :1  
 Make a magic loop and three chain  (Count as 1 dc ) and work 1 dc into the loop.
Make 22 more dc into the loop. Pull the string and tighten the loop.Join with a sl st on the top of the beginning 3 ch.
Round :2
Start with 3 ch,1dc in each of the next 3 stitches, 2 ch, 1 dc in each of the next three stitches, 2 ch. Repeat around. Sl stitch in the 3rd ch of the beginning 3 ch.

Round :3 
 Sl st into the 2 ch space. 3 ch, 2 dc,2 ch, 3 dc in the same 2 ch space 1 ch. 3 dc, 2ch, 3 dc in the next 2 ch space. Repeat around. Sl st into the top stitch of the beginning 3 ch. Finish off.


Round :4
Take colour 2. Join in the 2 ch space. Make 3 ch, 2 dc,2 ch, 3 dc in the same 2 ch space. 1 ch, sc in the next 1 ch space, 1 ch, 3 dc, 3 ch, 3 dc in the next  2 ch space.
Repeat around. Sl st into the top chain of the beginning 3 ch. Finish off.

Enjoy!!



Comments

  1. Beautiful coasters, Pearlin!!:) Thanks for sharing!! You have got one great helper, lovely images!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti. Yes its wonderful to have a helper.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts