The Year in Review

With Christmas done and dusted, it's now time to wave 2015 goodbye. 2015 started out full of promise . I'm so grateful for the wonderful things that happened throughout the year that is now fading away fast.
Straddling between different cultures, it has not been an easy ride but I'm so proud of all of us for hanging on . There were tears and tantrums from all of us at some  point or other . Now they are memories we laugh at together, 'Remember the time when?'  
I'm so thankful to God for placing people in our lives who have helped us knowingly and unknowingly through these trials.
Things that make me very happy and grateful this year :
  • Learning  to drive and getting my NZ licence .It's not my favourite thing to do, but I can drive! Yay!
  • Learning to navigate the public transport system in Christchurch .I'd never thought about using the public transport until a fellow designer from Pay it Forward who lives close to our neighbourhood introduced me to it.Now Lil B and I have two solo trips under our belt. What makes it so big for me?  I've never been on my own, out of my comfort zone, for a long long time.
  • Starting my little business not only has enabled me to stretch my creative muscles ,find my way around life on my own terms but also has given me the opportunity to meet other creatives , find inspiration and learn from them. 
Craft wise,I've enjoyed working with NZ wool this year .  Going by the collage,I feel I have been very productive this year, I'm pleased that I have also used a lot of yarn from my stash.
These are my absolute favourites.

The coming year , I hope to :

  • learn spinning . Its my dream to spin ,dye and knit from  scratch.
  • Live life on the slow lane, teach my boys the same , taking care not to step on toes in a mad rush to achieve our goals.
Praying that 2016 will be year of blessing ,happiness, peace and the knowledge that our sovereign God is in control at all times. 

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

How has your crafty/personal year been? What are your plans for the new year? Do share.

Comments

  1. wow..thats a lovely post Pearlin...you were really busy in 2015...i love that beautiful verses from Romans..Wishing you a blessed 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nima . Wish you the same

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts