April Showers Scarf/ Swap

Hello Lovely people
How is the New Year going for you all? For me,the days seem  to be blurring away faster than I would like.
I'm loving that  its summer in January  in this part of the world. Warm and sunny and nice most of the days.

Other than celebrating my birthday,  this month, I was also looking forward to the Secret Santa Swap .Birthday was fun with wishes pouring in from friends and family and my boys made it extra special for me with presents ,cake and a lovely dinner.


As for the Secret Santa,now that the  Swap is over, I can show you the scarf I made for her and also the gift I received


I decided to start by choosing my yarn first. Since my swap partner's favourite colour is purple, I went in search of a nice purple yarn.
 Malabrigo Silky Merino with 50% Merino and 50% silk in Nocturnal  seemed like a good one. 
When I checked Robyn Egge yarns website, it said that purchase of two or more skeins came with the pattern for the April Showers Scarf.  That sealed the deal  for me, cutting down on the  the wild goose chase for the perfect pattern as well. 
Its the perfect marriage of yarn and pattern, with the slightly variegated colour way giving an interesting character to the flower like design.
 Once the pattern  started making sense,the project was a breeze and the end result ,very satisfying for me.The yarn is divine to work with.So soft and squishy.  I think the recipient liked it.

I  did not know who my secret santa was. But I love the gift I got. A cowl. You all know how much I love my cowls .

I love colour and the textured pattern. So pretty!
Talk to you all later
Pearlin


























Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts